iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ponsse machines

Started by redneck logger, December 01, 2008, 02:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck logger

i was on ponsse website and i like there smallest forward and i was just wondering how good there machines are and whats your experinacs with them.
got to love working in the woods

John_valmet

they're good machines i take it you were looking at the gazzelle? it all depends on what you want it to do. if you want a thinnings machine i'd go for a valmet 830. but if you want a small machine for a clear fell then it would be ideal.

Gary_C

I agree with John. The Ponsse's are good machines and their forwarders are good as well as the Valmets. If you want to see some used ones, check out this web site:

http://www.forestryequipmentsales.com
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ron Scott

Ditto! to the above from what I've seen of them at work.
~Ron

barbender

Ponsse's seem to have more maintainence issues to me than the John Deere/Timberjack machines, I don't think they are built as heavy. I know my buddy would like to put a match to his Ponsse processor a lot of days. Non standard fittings, mercedes engine which the parts are ridiculous for, just kind of over engineered maybe. The fella's I've talked to that switched over to the John Deere machines are really liking them, not so many of the little problems.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!