iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Played logger today!

Started by Woodhauler, August 17, 2010, 07:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Got on the end of a chainsaw today,85 degrees and humid! Cut about 6-7 cord and dam near died doing it!I did the dropping and my father yarded it. Should have picked a cooler day to start ,but i didn't! Guess i won't be getting on the treadmill tonite as i just got in from cutting!Should be exercise enough today!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

red oaks lumber

nothin like a solid butt kicking by a chainsaw to humble a man..
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

deutz4

I spend most of my time riding in a comfortable machine but I still get excited spending time cutting oversized trees by hand, especially if they are high quality trees. At my age (57) half days on the ground are just about right. Even in my younger days I didn't like to cut after I was tired. I think that is when bad accidents happen.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Woodhauler on August 17, 2010, 07:58:40 PM
Got on the end of a chainsaw today,85 degrees and humid! Cut about 6-7 cord and dam near died doing it!I did the dropping and my father yarded it. Should have picked a cooler day to start ,but i didn't! Guess i won't be getting on the treadmill tonite as i just got in from cutting!Should be exercise enough today!

You're making me homesick for the motherland, buddy! I think my day was around 85-90 degrees today with a soft rain-- I was so grateful for such a cool day!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!