iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

type C pants

Started by RaulP, December 17, 2018, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaulP

Hi

I mostly use chainsaw for cutting firewood for my house  and yesterday I had an accident with chainsaw. I got a bite through the skin just above the shin on my left leg. I got 15 stiches in the ER and fortunately it was just a skin. From now I am quite sure that I will not start a chainsaw without the protective gear. So I made a little search on sites that sell pants in my country and it looks like most of the gear is type A. For example:
https://www.farron.ee/turvapuksid-advance-x-treem.html 
Can those be ordered as type C as well?

Old Greenhorn

Welcome to the forum Raul! You don't have any info in your user profile so I don't know what country you are in. I am assuming somewhere in the EU? In the US most sales outfits don't list the type for their pants and chaps. SO it's hard to find something that would suit your needs and I don't speak your language so I can't search your sites.
 What I can tell you is this, most manufacturers have a certain model type A and a different model that is type C. They don't make the same style with different type classes. A type A chap is one that only has frontal protection and a type C has full wrap around the legs. I would suggest you look for a type C set of chaps in a different style. Stihl makes them and we have several makers here in the US that do, but I am sorry I can't tell you who makes them in your area. I can tell you that you should keep looking, they are out there. The European community has some really neat pants and chaps over there. I have been looking myself for my next pair when my current ones wear out.
 Sorry about your accident, I hope you heal up fast, you got lucky.
Tom
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

DDW_OR

do not forget gloves

no stitches

"let the machines do the work"

RaulP

Old Greenhorn

Raul, those are all nice pants, any of them should do a good job for you. Work safe!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

John Mc

I've been considering the Pfanner Ventilation Chainsaw Pants when I finally replace my chaps.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

RaulP

I also bought stihl rubber boots with chainsaw protection. The question is - should I wear the pants in the boots or over the boots? 

lxskllr

I wear BDUs and combat boots five days per week, and tuck my pants in my boot tops. Advantages are no bugs up my pant cuffs, and I can walk in mud up to my knees, and not get any in my boots. I suspect some of those advantages won't be available and/or comfortable enough with protective wear. For protection, I doubt it matters one way or the other, so I'd choose based on comfort, and what makes a tidier package. The closer you keep things to your body, the less likely they are to find their way into a saw.

John Mc

Quote from: RaulP on December 29, 2018, 08:17:08 AM
I also bought stihl rubber boots with chainsaw protection. The question is - should I wear the pants in the boots or over the boots?
Outside the boots keeps the sawdust from falling down inside the boots.
If you have much walking to do, inside the boots helps protect your shins from getting rubbed raw by the tops of the rubber boots. I had this problem with my old Jonsered rubber boots. I could not fit my chaps inside, but I could fit my chainsaw pants. Just tucking in my jeans did not provide enough padding. If I had been smart, I would have bought the boots a size bigger, so I could fit a pair of felt inserts in them.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

DDW_OR

what about chainsaw chaps?
wear your regular pants tucked in the rubber boots, and the chaps outside the boots
"let the machines do the work"

Thank You Sponsors!