iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered woodmizer LT 35

Started by ruren, January 31, 2012, 04:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Quote from: ruren on February 03, 2012, 02:02:59 PM
Thanks again for all the welcomes. And yes, I am a lifelong Yooper. Suprised someone from S.C. would know what that is!?!

Anyone that's been on this forum any length of time knows what a Yooper is my Friend!  ;) ;D

Welcome
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

MapleNut

Welcome fellow Yooper !:D Have fun with the new mill!!
2005 WM LT40HDG28, 5500 IRON MULE, 272,262,046, & A PIC!

Magicman

I've eaten pasties, so I know what a Yooper is.    digin1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Pasties  food6 digin1 digin_2  musteat_1 pepsi_smiley
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ruffneck

I pick up my LT 35 manual tomorrow...
Feels like Christmas Eve!!!
I'm to excited to sleep 8)

thecfarm

Ruffneck,welcome to the forum. What's all the lumber going to be used for? Ever been around a sawmill before? Take pictures of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Ruffneck, and Congratulations on the new sawmill.   :)   We will certainly be looking forward to hearing more from you .
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Congratulations and welcome to the Forestry Forum.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SPD748

Welcome to the forum Ruren!

Ok, I give up. What exactly is a Yooper? Oh... what's a Pastie? Sorry, I'm southern, can you guys tell?  ;)

Ruren... We'll be needing pictures of this brand new mill of yours.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

kgbond

Congrats and please post pics when the mill is in your yard.

Kimball

Raider Bill

Quote from: SPD748 on May 31, 2012, 10:34:42 AM
Ok, I give up. What exactly is a Yooper? Oh... what's a Pastie? Sorry, I'm southern, can you guys tell?  ;)

HAHA!!!! Come to a pig Roast!

nas

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 31, 2012, 11:35:03 AM

HAHA!!!! Come to a pig Roast!
Sorta like a Newfie from Michigan :D :P smiley_headscratch smiley_bucktooth

Ruffneck welcome and congrat's on the new mill 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

thecfarm

SPD748,go to Extras,click onto Forestry Forum Dictionary,go to "Y" and you will find the answer. A Pastie is something to eat,meat and potato,pie crust dough,maybe carrots,turnip,did I miss anything? Kinda could be picked up with your hands and eat it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I am a grits man, but I know that you forgot the rutabaga.   :)

Raider Bill

-lee

ruren

-lee

lee

I missed that there were new responses to my post, sorry for the late reply. A Yooper is a resident of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, usually shortened to "da UP". We distinguish ourselves from the "trolls" in the lower peninsula. (The people that live below the Mackinac Bridge).

As for a pastie, it's a meat pie thing. Pie crust wrapped around meat, potatoes, and rutabaga in kind of a football shape. The Cornish brought them here from England when they came to work the iron mines and the Finns adopted them in the copper mines. You can stick one in your pocket and carry it down in the mine (or into the woods) for lunch. I've heard they would warm them over the candles they used in the mines, or worst case stick it in your armpit for a bit to warm it up. I prefer to stick it in the oven and cover it in ketchup.

I will have to get some pictures posted one of these days.

Rich
Wood-Mizer LT35

Shotgun

You might want to look under "Extras" for the Forestry Foum Dictionary.  You'll get lots of answers there. Look in the menu line at the top of most any page.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

We poured gravy on ours.

PatD got a chicken pastie.

Mine was beef.  Both were very good.  We got some frozen ones to go, but not enough of them.   ;D

SPD748

Now, that's a meal! Thanks for the info guys. I learn something new everyday here.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Thank You Sponsors!