iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor Supply Bar Oil

Started by John R, September 24, 2010, 10:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John R

Just wanted to let you guy's know that TSC has their bar oil on sale for 5.99 per gallon.
I bought a couple of gallons to see how it works, been using Sthil bar oil but I'm tired of paying 11.00 for a gallon.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Al_Smith

:D I use it too but a couple of years ago TSC must have lost their mind because the oil cost more than Stihl for a short period .

Okrafarmer

Thanks for the heads up but we've already duly noted it in other threads! (I bought 42 gallons)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ohsoloco

It was $5.99 last year so I bought 15 gallons thinking it was never going to be that cheap again  :D  Since I only use two gallons or so a year I'm in pretty good shape...

Ed

I pay less than $8 for Husky oil.  ;D

Local Stihl dealers are $11....no thanks.

Ed

Al_Smith

I have around 20 gallons of bar oil that I get for free from a bulk oil repackager .Some times in life it's not what you know but who you know . ;)

Cut4fun

I noticed the TSC and Wal-mart S-Tech stuff is thinner and flows better in the winter COLD months then the Poulan green and red I use in summer months.  I use them all and no problems.
Then I have this synthetic blend bar oil I use in my special saws that dont get used much.  I think even stihl has it's own synthetic blend  now too.  Wonder what that cost?

John R

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 24, 2010, 08:05:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up but we've already duly noted it in other threads! (I bought 42 gallons)

WOW, you must be doing some serious wood cutting. :D
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Okrafarmer

Quote from: John R on September 25, 2010, 12:18:30 PM
Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 24, 2010, 08:05:49 PM

WOW, you must be doing some serious wood cutting. :D

It ought to last us at least a year. Maybe longer.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

sprucebunny

Quote from: Ed on September 24, 2010, 11:13:43 PM
I pay less than $8 for Husky oil.  ;D

Local Stihl dealers are $11....no thanks.

Ed

My local Stihl dealer was $16+  :o

Thanks for the heads up. Hope they have winter weight ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

trapper

Had to go to Appelton Wi this afternoon for a memorial  for sil's father.  Bought 2 gal to see if I like it.  Thanks for bringing the subject up.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

oldsaw

Well, I've got a bit of an accumulation myself.  15 or 16 gallons, enough to last a while.  Haven't done much cutting or milling lately, which kind of sucks, but I see the price and catch myself thinking that I should get a couple of gallons.  Then, I look in my garage and that feeling goes away.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Left Coast Chris

I will be stopping in at Tractor Supply tomorrow and see if the $5.99 is also the price on the West coast.   My brother gave me a gallon of Ace Hardware brand and it is thin almost like 30 weight motor oil.  Don't like it.   -- thanks for the tip--
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

thecfarm

I use it and look for it on sale. Just go to their web site and type in 4469010 into their search and it will bring you right to the bar and chain oil.Still on sale here in Maine for $6. I should go today and pick up some more and listen to my wife say,You have 20 gallons what do you need more for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ohsoloco

I used to buy poulan oil in the green jug at Wal-mart...it was the best price around.  They don't carry it there anymore, and the only SuperTech stuff is really thin (and in quarts  ::) ).

Rocky_J

My Wal Mart quit carrying the green bottle Poulan oil for a while but it's back now. Check in the lawn and garden section. I've been using it for years, I hope the Tractor Supply oil is as good.

Ironwood

Sale is on until the end of Sept.,,,,ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Al_Smith

For some unknown reason a few years back TSC stopped pushing their own brand and  carried only Husqvarna oil .My goodness it must have contained gold or something as it sold for 12 bucks a gallon when stihl was 5.95 .Evidently it didn't work out well for them as I doubt many bought it at that price .I bought one gallon,Sunday nothing else opened at the time .

Cut4fun

Quote from: Rocky_J on September 27, 2010, 10:08:58 AM
My Wal Mart quit carrying the green bottle Poulan oil for a while but it's back now. Check in the lawn and garden section. I've been using it for years, I hope the Tractor Supply oil is as good.

TSC is thinner, but I havent had any problems with what I ran to see.  The Poulan in the black bottle with red dye seems to be the best Poulan bar oil. Now talking about  :-X hard to find anymore. 
Used to be in the garden section, but no longer, just the green jugs in the tool section now.

ahlkey

Stopped at the local Farm & Fleet store today and they had their bar chain oil for sale at $4.95.... later went to Menards and they were selling it for the same price.  This happens a lot when one offers a special the other nearby offers an in store special at the same price.   However, if you travel to another store where the competition is not close by the sale is not available.  Bought six gallons as I have used it in the past and found it to be ok.

Stihlboy

Quote from: Cut4fun on September 27, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
Quote from: Rocky_J on September 27, 2010, 10:08:58 AM

TSC is thinner, but I havent had any problems with what I ran to see.  The Poulan in the black bottle with red dye seems to be the best Poulan bar oil. Now talking about  :-X hard to find anymore. 
Used to be in the garden section, but no longer, just the green jugs in the tool section now.
i agree with kevin on the tsc being thinner, i saw a walmart about 3 months ago that had the black bottle poulan oil.... should have got them but i did not know the difference

Okrafarmer

Al_Smith

That would be Fred I assume .

thecfarm

Oil on sale at tractor supply for $6 from Oct 13-17 in my area.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

On sale for $6 from Jan 3-Feb 27.

bill m

On sale at T.S. starting today?  :( I just bought 15 gal. yesterday - I'm going back up with my receipt. Maybe I can get some money back ::)
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Ford_man

I think I'll have my wife pick up a few gal that way she will think I'm going to work a little more  :D :D :D :D :D

SPIKER

Last time I bought any was at wally mart they were closing out the green poulan oil for 2.99 so I picked up what was on the shelf but didnt think to ask if they had more.   They had the black on the shelf for 4.99 and thought that it was higher compared to the green and never used the black so wasnt sure of any dif.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Holmes

Just a heads up,  I see the sale is $7 at TS til  Sunday the 18th
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!