iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pressure washer without a hose

Started by Night Raider, March 20, 2008, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Raider

not exactly forestry related but outdoorish.  I'm wondering if any pressure washers exist that can suck out of creek or pond directly and don't need inlet pressure?

thanks

okmulch

i use a large 500 gallon tank, like a farm tank that fits in the back of a pickup truck to run a power washer. i do have to have the garden hose layed out with no coils.  on my power washer i have to undo a set screw to get the water flowing thru the pump before i start the power washer. i use this to clean my radiators out in the fields where there is no water hydrants.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Ironwood

To my knowlege NONE of them "pull" only push, I DO know this, a pressure washer uses very little water. I tested one a few years back to see exactly how much water I was using at my shop pressure washing ALL day. I got a big palletized plastic tank, I was AMAZED, it doesn't use much.

IRonwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Qweaver

I think I'd use a small pump to feed the washer.  I use a rain water tank to feed my washer on a regular basis and it works well.  But I'm working on a few feet of head pressure in this case, not lifting out of a river.   Starving the washer pump of water can result in severe wear.  Also, my washer uses a lot of water.  I can draw down my 2000 gal tank by about 1/3 in about 2 hours of log washing.  Not a problem if you're drawing out of the river but a real problem if you're using up the wife's whirlpool bath water. ;D
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

amberwood

My Karcher unit is rated to lift 1.0m head and still function normally. We used to wash the boat directly out of the lake with no supply pressure. I guess it will depend upon the unit.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

ScottAR

I understand the Cat brand pumps will lift water.  I dunno any specs
other they are a solid pump.  All the washers I have rented had
Cat pumps. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!