iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help with an ID for this tractor

Started by Mike_P., March 27, 2008, 09:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_P.

This past weekend, at Easter dinner, one of my brothers-in-law mentioned that a friend had a small tractor for sale.  He said it was a "Ponds" and that it was similar in size to a Farmall Cub.  Checking the Internet, I found a site referencing the Ponds tractor, but none of the models shown there seem to be like this one.  On the other hand, the tractor that I looked at seems to have the transmission (Model A) and rear end (Model T) described as belonging to an early Ponds.

I took a look at it yesterday and can't figure out what it is.  There are no identifying decals, plates, etc.  The engine is a single cylinder Wisconsin.  Photos follow.   

I don't think that I am interested in buying it, but am sure curious as to what make and model it is.  If anyone could be of any help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

olyman

hnmm----ford grill look alike, model a or t rear axle----but drop down pinions????  almost looks like one of the many kits made years ago to use model A's or T's for parts----

roger 4400

Hi.....could it be an early Farmall ??     All older Farmall had this ***thin waist*** between the engine and the rear axel   ??   Good luck         Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

Corley5

It's not a Farmall  :)  Looks kinda similar to some Gibsons though but I don't think it is one.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Lenny_M

It`s not a model A A or B B rear. though it does have A simular enclosed drive shaft. Model TT  ??
                       Lenny

farmerdoug

It looks like a Speedex tractor.  They look different even within the same model.

Here is a link.     http://www.speedextractorinformation.com/
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

zopi

Definetly not a Farmall...Cute little bugger tho'
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Polly

the differental looks like automotive rear end with shortened axles i think power king or ecomony tractors had this but i dont believe it is one of them could be home made their is some really good fabricators out their :) 8)

Mike_P.

Thanks for your responses. 

I had some correspondence with the fellow that runs the Speedex website.  He believes the tractor is a "Wheel Horse Ride-Away Senior", vintage approximately 1955 R-83 Pond tractor.  Apparently, Pond started the Wheel Horse line.

Mike from the Speedex site was going to talk with the owner of the tractor.  If I learn any more interesting facts, I'll pass them along.

Thanks, again.

Mike

Roxie

Cowboy Bob said it reminded him of a Porsche. 

Here's a link to a picture of a Porsche tractor:

Say when

Roxie

:D  It won't let me post the link, you'll have to Google Porsche tractor. 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!