iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack sub-model differences

Started by mf40diesel, July 13, 2016, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf40diesel

I have been a huge fan of Timberjack skidders my whole life.  (see in my below post that I am hopefully buying one soon for our 65 acres of woodlot) I have looked for information on the sub models of timberjack skidders and have never really come up with anything, or at least I can't find a timberjack skidder resource page.

My question is about the letter designations.  With Deere, A, B, C, D, E were more or less generations of equipment right?  Like the D's were late 80's machines, E's early 90's and so forth.  Of course they had to mess it up with G,  where they added the G-2's and 3's.  All the way up to the now current "L's".

What are the differences with the letter designations in Timberjacks?  I have seen TJ 225A's that are probably 20 years newer than a 225D? 

Is their some sort of website that anyone has put out that lists the specs and differences among the timberjack line? 
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

danbuendgen

With the A model, the skidder can be in reverse and the winch can pull in, With a D or no letter, the winch is only powered in Neutral or Forward. The A is a newer machine, not sure when the years changed.
Good luck shopping for skidders. I would highly suggest a 240. I have ran all types of older 200 series Timberjacks and for the money and size of machine, you get much more bang for you buck with a 240 over a 230 or smaller. The motor and winch have nearly double the power, for roughly the same operating cost. Just my .02
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Neilo

Pre '65 there was just numbers. The different models differed in engine, transmission and axles.

In 65 they introduced A series but these are really the machines with AR after the number. Not the late A you are talking about.

Apparently there was a B but I have never seen one and in '66 they introduced the C series.

Then in about '70 they introduced the D series. Extra letters are for engine, transmission, axles, winch...

In about '80 they introduced E series. With more eaton branded parts including winch.

Then came late A series. I am not sure when.

Neilo

danbuendgen

Im not so sure about that.

My 240 it a '78 and its just a 240 no letter. I just looked at a '79 240E.

I will ask my skidder mechanic (retired logger) some time soon. All he works on are Timberjack skidders. He knows the older machines very well and will definitely know the difference in the letters.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

timberlinetree

I was told our super e has a longer frame then others but not shure.

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

David-L

Heres my 1995 240B. Old or newer the Jacks can't be beat.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

lynde37avery

David L 240 is real nice.

here's my 208D 1977 Eaton. small axles. 353detroit.

Detroit WHAT?

Maine logger88

My 225D has no letter on the hood just Timberjack 225 in white letters but it's a 78 D. And to ad more confusion there's the later B like DavidL's and a later C aswell made from 97 to like 02 I think
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lynde37avery

from early 70s to 79 or 80 was the D series. then like 80 to 83 was the E series then A from 83 to 92? some thing like that.  I think there's a website with the model codes on it somewhere to tell when stuff was discontinued. only because I stumbled across it once.
Detroit WHAT?

mf40diesel

Id love to know where that website was.  I have searched that topic many times.  Like some sort of resource page. Not necessarily too in depth, but something that gave some basic specs:  1980-83: 230E could be had with an Allison auto or 4 speed manual (hi low / rev).  Engine Make: DD 3-53...  winch brand and rating Something like that.  More of a history page, kind of thing. 

I guess when I retire I could do it.  Seems I have a lot of things to do then.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

road_monkey

my old jack..   1965 225AR

my cab is centered, I think the next generation was offset

for your listening enjoyment. 8) 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvXp4C64jkY

ehp

I cannot say for 100% sure but I bought mine from the guy that bought it from  Timberjack and the place I get my parts from says its a 230A and built in 1993 , had one guy tell me it a 1997 but donot think so, big thing is mine doesnot have the square back roof on the cab, its more rounded, its greenand never was red, cummins, heavy rearends and Larry said he was there when the owner put in for it to be built and the owner ordered it with the gearmatic ,

David-L

ehp, I have seen one other like your A series in NY. You have 23.1 rubber or 18.4x34?
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

ehp

23.1 for tires, One of my friends has a 240 that I think is 1997, his and mine are pretty much the same machine other than the cab with mine being round , same rearends , same motor , trans , I got abit more power than he does as my motor has been turned up abit

mf40diesel

Road_monkey... nice looking machine.  One of the machines I am looking at looks to be in about the same shape.. it is slightly newer though... 1966, with the offset cab.  I can't wait to go see it. 

Boban

Hi there. Can anyone tell me specification of Timberjack 240b. I 'm looking about any info on the internet, but I can't find anything good enough. It's this model on the photo.

Filename: https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/48200/IMG_20171027_100417.jpg

JB Griffin

There are several 450c around here all built in the 90's all with cummins.
A buddy of mine has a 94 (I think) 380d. It just don't make sense how the letters were used.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

jwilly3879

1st450Jack

I have a 450. Green yellow and black but orange underneath it all. 453 Detroit 28000 Clark power shift Eaton gear boxes Germadic.
Ser # 452788. I will take any info i can get on this ol girl because so far i have none. Really do need some information on her thou. Thanks in advance. 

mike_belben

Those are some interesting chains @8675309.  I like the log catcher.  

;D
Praise The Lord

rear chains were made by myself out of used chain from trawler rigging. only cost was for the black iron shackles.  about 150 bucks. they do a nice job protecting the rear racing slicks :)

Mooseknuckle

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Thank You Sponsors!