iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 208-D Fan Belts

Started by Autocar, March 02, 2019, 04:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I want to put new belts on the radiator fan blade, there is a short drive line that runs the pump and has four 1/2 bolts holding it to the crank pulley. I tried a half inch box end, also made a socket with a 90 degree turn. The knuckle of the drive line is so close that it won't allow any kind of socket wrench. Got one bolt backed off a little but is there a secret tool how to get those four bolts out ? If the radiator wasn't there it would make it a lot easier but surly you don't have to pull it to get to these bolts. Maybe there's no easier way then just putting the time in turning those bolts a hair at a time   ??? .
Bill

redneck

I have done it a few time to replace belt also to replace the ujoints in the driveline to the hydraulic pump.  I think i just used a box wrench both times.  cant get much stroke on it thats for sure.  
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Autocar

Can't get much of a stroke that's the understatement of the year  :D :D. I think Monday I will see if I can find one of those box end wrenches that ratchet.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!