iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My birth day present

Started by goose63, July 01, 2014, 06:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

Will be at the Fargo Air Museum this week end a WW2 B17 Bomber and for $450 you can fly in it Sunday there will be pictures.
The Wings of Freedom will have the B17 a B25 and 2 fighter plains gona be a great time 8) 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

slider

al glenn

Magicman

Now that is a rare opportunity.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Not so rare Lynn look up wings of freedom thy are all over the U. S. in the summer
goose

kevin19343

My local airport offers 15 minute B-17 rides once a year. I keep telling myself to fork over the $$$ and do it, but.....( I'm cheap)

I always go down there just to watch it take off and land. Theres really nothing like the sound of 4 radial engines roaring down the runway.

They also were offering 15 minute rides in a dual cockpit P-51 Mustang. It was over $1000.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I wonder if he ever came back down??  Happy Birthday Goose.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

If it was up to me I would still be up there in the B17. when the son/grandson gets home from the lake will have him put the pictures on here for me. got a new camera the kids know more bought this stuff than old goats like me
goose

Magicman

Yup,  I figured that in your mind's eye, you were still soaring.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 06, 2014, 06:42:56 PM
Yup,  I figured that in your mind's eye, you were still soaring.  :)

In my mind's eyes, I'm still snoring.  :D

Corley5

Quote from: kevin19343 on July 02, 2014, 09:53:19 AM
They also were offering 15 minute rides in a dual cockpit P-51 Mustang. It was over $1000.

Now that would fun  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Delawhere Jack

My uncle Paul (fathers younger brother) flew 33 missions in B-17's, primarily as navigator. He has some pretty interesting stories. On one bombing run, the last two bombs didn't release. They were hanging just outside the bomb bay doors and banging into each other....and they were armed :o. As the smallest guy in the crew, and the closest to the bomb bay, he got sent down to get them to drop. The only tool he had was a screwdriver.... He never said if he soiled his shorts or not, but I'm pretty sure I would have.

CHARLIE

Geeeez I'd love to take a B17 or B25 flight.  I don't live too far from the New Richmond, Wisconsin airfield, which isn't too far from St. Paul and Minneapolis, and get to see quite a few WWII planes. I love to hear those powerful radial engines and I can always tell then a WWII plane is coming. I'll tell you one thing. There wasn't any sneaking up on the enemy with those things. I imagine the noise with 50 to 100 of 'em flying in formation. Those Krauts probably could hear them coming 100 miles away.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

goose63

Look up W.W.W.cdfn.org and you can find out where and when thy will be some where in the U.S. the  B17 and the B25 are $450 for a half hour ride I highly REC O MEND it
When Ross gets home there will be pictures
goose

goose63

Finley I got them on here

the gray haired guy is the pilot he has 50,000 hours flight time in the B17 the little girl on the cat walk is 7 but small for her age the view the nose is some thing to see and no thy did notlet me shoot the 50 cal may be next time eh but id get to sit in the bombardier seat for you guys thinking a bought it stop thinking and JUST DO IT I had a blast and you can bet your dupa when I get the chance the B25 Liberator is next on the list
goose

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOL !

Way to go Goose!

goose63

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 07, 2014, 06:03:10 PM

Way to go Goose!
It was HOT 95 must of been 120 in the plain when we took off but it cooled down fast thy took out the top gun turret you could stick your head out 165 mph convertible   
goose

Magicman

Oh my, what a wonderful Birthday trip.  Thank you for sharing a bit of your joy.   air_plane

ND rancher

Way cool Ken! Glad you had a great time.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

brianb88

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 07, 2014, 06:03:10 PM

Way to go Goose!

My thoughts exactly.  I would love to fly in one of those.
Measure twice, cut once

OntarioAl

Al Raman

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!