iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ha...Yooper Night

Started by Burlkraft, December 31, 2017, 11:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

That was fun. Been a while since I've seen one. Thanks for the heads up Jefferyson.    :new_year:
Why not just 1 pain free day?

51cub

It was fun. I came on the forum to a pm. I didn't know what was going on until I finally read somebody wrote Yooper night. I managed to put it together when I saw that. I'll probably not remember the next time I see it
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Jeff

Some people love it, especially those that know what is going on because they have been through it. I guess its a little bit dark, because a lot of the the fun is to see who melts down. :D    I had a message this morning asking about the "slang"   I replied with the post text that Shotgun put in the knowledge base so many years ago about what Yooper Night was. I got a reply back that it was "ghetto".  Yooper night also gives us great insight in personalities we might not have noticed. Hostility is a favorite to find out about.  :D   Most take it though as it is meant, harmless fun.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 31, 2017, 11:52:49 AM
That was fun. Been a while since I've seen one. Thanks for the heads up Jefferyson.    :new_year:
Good to see you back, Steve!!! I saw my first one just after I joined and assumed it was normal, couldn't see what the fuss was about. :D A few guys got their shorts in a knot though, I wonder if they ever learned to lighten up.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

chet

One thing thar ain't UP here in Yooperland is a "ghetto".  Too cold   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My first Yooper might Blew My Mind.
If you were an IT Guy I would have paid you $300 to fix my computer.

I was sweating and I bet I rebooted 20 times!!!  :snowball:

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WV Sawmiller

If people from the UP are Yoopers are people from the LP Loopers? Just asking. ;)

Stay safe and warm.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Ianab

Yeah, nah. Prolly a good thing use guys don't have a kiwi slang night. Might be totally skux, but it would be tu meke for some of the cuzzies.

Chur Bro.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff

47sawdust

I think kiwi night would be fun.Yooper night is a yearly highlight for me.Don't know why anyone would get there knickers knotted over the BOSS having fun.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

sandhills

Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2017, 06:12:19 PM
"Dinner"
:D :D :D :D.  As usual I missed it  :(, but I have got in on a few and yes they're great fun!  Thanks boss, I think kiwi night would be a lot of fun too.

Logger RK

I thought it was pretty funny

POSTON WIDEHEAD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Do y'all remember Kiwi Shoe Polish?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I used a lot of it when I was in the Air Force, and probably still have a can of it in one of the cabinets here now!

Could be a collectors item!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ianab

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 31, 2017, 07:53:56 PM
Do y'all remember Kiwi Shoe Polish?

Random fact of the day, Kiwi shoe polish is Australian.  ???  :D

Oh, and
QuoteSkux – A really cool person who is skilled in attracting the opposite sex. Basically swag. Usually male.
https://www.madman.com.au/news/learn-your-new-zealand-slang-before-you-see-hunt-for-the-wilderpeople/
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Yes,I remember Kiwi shoe polish. Had a picture of something on it,some furry critter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on December 31, 2017, 08:56:20 PM
Yes,I remember Kiwi shoe polish. Had a picture of something on it,some furry critter.

That was Ian.  :D :D :D

sawguy21

:D :D :D I spent many evenings at the table with a can of Kiwi, a rag and drill boots.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

47sawdust

Ian,
Thanks for the link to kiwi slang.My wife and I watch a series called "Brokenwood",sometimes we have to use the sub-titles to catch everything. ;D Brokenwood is a fictitious town in NZ,worth a look for those of you who like detective series.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

WDH

QuoteSkux – A really cool person who is skilled in attracting the opposite sex. Basically swag. Usually male.

David,

No, he did not call you that  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D.    Good 1 Pop!

Thank You Sponsors!