iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Surgery cancelled-rescheduled- completed July 12

Started by doctorb, June 28, 2011, 09:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

My surgeon had some medical issues come up the morning of my total hip replacement, so the procedure had to be cancelled. I'll let you guys know when the train's back on the track. Thanks for all the concern my FF friends have voiced.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

We figured that you were already under cold steel and lights.  Any idea when you will be re-scheduled?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doctorb

Depends on his diagnosis and recovery.  Don't know enough yet to even guess.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

beenthere

How dare those surgeons get medical issues and have to cancel. ;)

I'm sure you don't want to have to be waiting around for a reschedule time, but keep us posted.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Are you going fishing instead?  ;D

Reason I asked is because of a neighbor and friend some years ago that had a bum knee and was scheduled for the replacement surgery on the Friday before the fishing opener here in Minnesota. His brother stopped by the hospital on their way up north to go fishing on the morning of the surgery and found him sitting on the bed all dressed and ready to go fishing. It turns out that early that morning when the nurse came in to shave his leg, he asked why she was shaving that leg when it was the other knee that hurt. So they had to cancel the surgery because they did not have the correct replacement knee and he went fishing.   :)

Not that you would do that of course as now days they probably have more inventory of replacement parts.   :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Raider Bill

Cold Steel and Hot Lights!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

jim king

QuoteCold Steel and Hot Lights!

And hammers, chisels, knives, drills etc. , it sounds brutal.  I would not want to watch  :-X

Bandmill Bandit

My Wife had hers done last November and all has gone well in spite of the anticipated complications that were a result of a childhood condition known as legg perthyes (Not sure i spelled it right) physio was the tough part but she is gardening like she was 20 years younger this spring. Her knees took a bit of a beating during the recovery but they are settling back to normal again too. Good luck and prayers are with you. You will work like you were 20 years younger too.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Norm

Well that sucks!

Hope your doc gets better so you can get it out of the way.

badpenny

I could loan you my table saw for the incision, no hurry on returning it, I won't be using it for a while. :D :D :D :D :D  Self surgery may not be the best, however.

Seriously, hope all goes well for you
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Bro. Noble

What a bummer-----I'm sure you had yourselfr all psyched up for it. 

I got to wondering if knowing everything that is in store for you during the procedure makes it easier or harder?

In any case hope all goes well,  we'll be praying for you and your Dr.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

That's a bummer when you're all set for the surgery.
~Ron

doctorb

I have to temper my disappointment of not having my surgery today with concern for my friend and partner.  He needed emergent cardiac catheriterization and stent placement today.  He is doing very well.  He wants to return to his surgical schedule next Tuesday!  We are very lucky that he was not in the middle of my procedure, or anybody elses, when this event occurred.

I have great respect for this man.  He is horrified that my hip wasn't done today.  Sure, this blows up my plans for recuperation, but......so what!  He's fine and will get another chance to put a hip in me when the time comes.   Sounds like I might get a little fishing in!

sandhills

Sorry to hear this, hope everything goes good for your friend, I'm sure this setback didn't help either one of you.  If you gotta find a bright side though, it might be the best fishing you'll have all year  ;).

Norm

Well at least he has a good excuse for taking the day off!

Glad he's OK though, that would be darn scary to happen to a guy.

Bill

Hope your doctor friend is OK and you both make speedy recoveries  ( good health being one of the most - the most ? - valuable things we can own  )

doctorb

He's doing well.  New surgery date - July 12, 2011.  Let's see how he does over then next week or so.....

Sort of puts the cap on any chance I had of attending the Pig Roast.  Sorry about that.

SwampDonkey

Just like a good doctor, diverting attention to his patients and don't dwell on your own health.  :D ;)

I hope your own doctor recovers quickly so you can get on with taking care of yourself. There must be a couple record trout up here swimming and waiting for when your ready to go fishing again.

A bit of sad news, a retired doctor from NB who was 83, went fishing salmon on the Mirimachi River and fell out of his canoe and drown and was lost until Tuesday. He was also a member of the Atlantic Salmon Federation. The rivers are very high and swift from all the rain.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

Well,to look at that with rose-colored glasses....

If the good Lord decided to take me quickly at age 83 while I was fishing', it wouldn't be a bad way to go....

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Me personally would rather it be at 93.  ;D

Warbird

Glad your friend is doing well, doc.

Patty

We are all thinking about you today Doc. Best of luck with your surgery!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

doctorb

Surgery went great this morning.  I have already been up and walking!  Thanks for all the good wishes.

Norm

That's great news doctorb! :)

Thank You Sponsors!