iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic Bucks, 2016

Started by Magicman, November 13, 2016, 04:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briankinley2004

Fire ants nest works good IF you don't have dogs around

Jeff

The skull bleaching of my Magic buck is complete. I plan on mounting it with the bottom jaw, which I will assemble when thoroughly dry. It's all going on a walnut stand i will make from lumber sawn from a walnut log that grew in the same woods that this buck grew up in.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

That qualifies as a Magic Buck in the truest sense.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Good looking job on the deer mount. We are waiting to see the finished product once you get it on the board.

Your log dog looks like he is asking when you are going to get that lumber stacked and stickered. Or are you deliberately drying it vertically? Lumber overseas was often stacked like that. Would look like a long chalet roof with a closeline in the middle at the top.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

I'm drying it vertically. Since Walnut is pretty forgiving, it should dry quickly. It's a simple thing for me to turn each piece every few days. That door won't be used for another 3 months, so it's not in my way.

Andy White

Jeff,
I have seen some of that Magic Walnut before! Very pretty, and highly valuable! That skull will look great on that board. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

WDH

I have been through that door.  I covet some of the Magic Walnut  :)..
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Dream on oh yea coveter of Walnut.....Dream on.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

coxy

you have way to much time  :D :D 8)

H.O.D.

Outstanding job cleaning that skull..did you add something to the water. Thats a great buck anywhere.

Jeff

I simmered it for 4 hours. I added about a half cup of dawn dish washing liquid to the pot. The head had been skinned and as much meat as I could get off before I started cleaning it. The sinuses are the tough part. I made a hook from a piece of utility wire to pick at the hard to get spots. I also had some fishhook pliers to get down in there. The brains were not to bad, but you need to pot out the bone where the ear canal is to get in there good.

I've refined my jaw hinge a little more. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMzosDdO5kY

WV Sawmiller

You guys have got to be getting a lot more snow up there and are getting cabin fever really bad!  :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ted Addison

Congrats to all you who got one this year... I came up empty handed
Our <a href="http://www.besttreeservicememphis.com" > Memphis Tree Service</a> is the best group of experts in tree removal in the greater Memphis area.  We love the smell of sawdust in the morning!

Thank You Sponsors!