iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A World Speed Record

Started by Ga_Boy, April 11, 2006, 04:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

I believe a world speed record was set yesterday. 

I was seting up bunks to stack material as I took it off the mill yesterday. I jumped off the tractor and spooked a three foot snake, he headed off to the nearest brush pile.   :o

I think my feet were on the ground all of 2 nano-seconds before I hopped back up on the tractor.  That thing scared the poop out of me. 

After that I was able to mill that big Poplar butt log without any more snake sightings.  Of course I had my hookaroon close by just in case. ;)

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

sawguy21

Ahh, he probably was just a harmless garter snake doin his own thing. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Our snakes are harmless up here, fun watch'm catch a wood frog. Those frogs are pretty dumb, they could easily get away if they had any fight to'em.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Cold weather slowed those tree frogs, here in Texas, last weekend walking to  church, my wife and I watched a garter snake chase a frog, that frog was hauling froggy butt, snake could have never swallowed the frog, but he was determined.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SPIKER

that reminds me of when I was a teenager heard this racket down by the ole stinkie pit, went down there and here this 2' gardersnake had a hold of a bull frog about 3 times bigger than his lotte ole mouth would alow.  he had it by the rear end no less, the frog was squeeling like a fire engine   :o  I guessed that I would have been makeing that much racket if a snake had me down there too  ::) :o :D  anyway whilest I watched, the frog would jump 12" and yank the snake that far, (snake was 1/2 currled up around a twig of some type) then the snake would haul him back...   it went on for a good 30 min like that a plane ole tugo-war for life & death.   eventually the frog got 1/2 his rear end in the snakes mouth and his legs were wrapped up front of him.  too fat to swallow for sure...   the frog puffed himself up and the snake eventually gave up letting him go...   a few weeks later same racket, probably same frog & same snake this time it was head first and the snake eventually got that sucker down   :o 8) smiley_deadheader alligator  ;)

a couple years back I watched a blue harron tie into a REALLY large frog, took that bird a good our of wooping up on that frog untill it finally swallowed it.   thatole frog did his best but also lost the fight...  I think it was 30 + mnon befor that bird got up enough nerve to try & fly too 

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

DanG

:D :D :D

No such thing as a harmless snake.  Some of'em will hurt ya, and the others will make ya hurt yerself! :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Well, got to include the pet snake...

Just looking for a bat to munch. He is still on the finca. Geraldo saw him recently - nearly scared him to death!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!