iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Great Delaware Earthquake !

Started by DelawhereJoe, November 30, 2017, 10:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DelawhereJoe

I don't know if you guys were affected by it but damages are starting to pour in from all over the DelMarVa Peninsula they are expected to be in the 10's of dollars. The school that I work in 2nd shift had to be evacuated due to the possibility of damage, the damage list, one paper clip lost under a desk and one bottle of water spilled. I'm not sure how we are going to survive without that paper clip.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Grizzly

The spilled water is a potential slipping hazard and if they land on the paper clip you've got stabbings and all sorts! Ya best find dem tings!  :D :D

I didn't read anything in the news so I'm trusting this was real local?
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

DelawhereJoe

It was a 4.1 that happened at 4:47 pm it effected the mid-Atlantic states Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Washington DC. It was Centered about 16 miles from my house in the middle of a National Wildlife Refuge.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ljohnsaw

Wow, 4.1 - so you actually felt it or did you think it was your cell phone on vibrate? :D  How long did it last and how deep was it?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Abethetenacious

Earthquakes in diverse places. Seems I read about that somewhere

Roxie

So, I'm home alone watching Judge Judy, and I hear a rumble and figure Cowboy Bob must be home and backed into the house.  Picture me, Magoo like, with my little walker going to the kitchen, and not finding him home, but getting distracted by getting more tea, completely forgetting about the noise that roused me in the first place.  About ten minutes later, I hear on the news that an earthquake centered in Delaware, north east of Dover, was a 4.4. 

My son and his family live in Smyrna, and they were having dinner when it happened.  He said not much more than dishes in the hutch rattling. 

High excitement in the Delmarva Peninsula.   :D
Say when

Dan_Shade

I missed it where I am at, but I may have been driving at that time.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Weekend_Sawyer

I was working in my basement and didn't feel it. A buddy of mine from 5 miles away texted me that he felt it.

I remember the one back in 2011, for me it wasn't a shake it was like the house went down a couple of inches and then back up twice.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WV Sawmiller

I hear Congress is appropriating funds to dispatch specially trained mental health care workers to the area to help the victims recover from the trauma.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roxie

Say when

sandhills

submarinesailor

Roxie,

Have you put in for your FEMA assistance yet? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  And remember to do all the forms in quadruplicate so very one can have a copy.

;D ;D ;D ;D Bruce

starmac

While this disaster is still fresh in everyones mind, you need to get some petitions started to stop all drilling for oil, even in the artic.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

TimRB

Sorry, but here in California a 4.1 isn't even big enough to interrupt our yoga sessions.

Tim

gspren

We were going to rush down to our Delaware beach house but we are worried about after shocks, maybe next week when antlerless deer season comes back in.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!