iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw'en with the JP

Started by ButchC, February 23, 2017, 08:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButchC

Hi all, thought you might like to see some pics of me trying to learn how to be a sawyer with my JP Peterson.  Just got it uncrated and ready to go and a windstorm blew down a white pine in the back yard. I had read enough about yard tree embedded junk that the bottom 20' all went to the burn pile. I figured that the chances for junk lessened considerably above that? This log came from the 28 foot mark, ya it was a large tree.
On the mill and making lumber

Since I had no real needs in mind for the white pine lumber.  I made more or less random sizes as I progressed through the log. It's all stacked and sticked and drying now.

Wife comes out and puts a halt! to sawing because she wants this slab,, hmmm ??? More work for me coming I am afraid.

Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

drobertson

Looks like you got a handle on it,  nice job,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ButchC

Thank you, we make no claims to expertise. We do listen to advise. We learned about tension in a log on the very first attempt. Amazing what tension is built up in a log cut from a leaner.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!