iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met a FF Member

Started by Magicman, April 18, 2015, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

A FF Member and his Wife were traveling from their home near Houston, TX, and made a quick stop by and visit with Pat and me this morning.

Billy M. and I shared a visit as they were passing through. Billy has an LT40, and has been reading the FF quite a bit, but he has lost, (as in forgotten) his "name" and login information, so we will have to "find" him again.

Billy, I forgot to ask when you were here but send me the email address that you used to join the FF and I will get with Jeff.  Maybe he can find you. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Always nice when we meet another member!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Did you feed him crawfish?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

We would have loved to have been able to take them with us, but this was a private deal.

Jeff has ferreted out Billy's user ID so maybe we will see him here on the FF.  He has sawn some interesting projects.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

So now that @Go-fer-wood has gotten his "user ID" straighten out maybe he will surface and share some of his sawing interest.   :)

Go-fer-wood

Thanks, Magicman, for all your help in getting my account straightened out!  My wife and I really enjoyed getting to meet you and Pat.  Y'all were very hospitable to someone who just drove up in your yard and said, "Are you Magicman?", haha!!  You definitely lived up to the impression I had of you!!  Been looking at FF for quite sometime and have followed your posts, and I've learned a lot about milling.  Look forward to meeting others in the FF also!!

Just a quick note about myself.  Didn't have much experience with milling, but the first time I saw a cant come off a sawmill, I thought, "I need one of those things!" That's when I purchased my LT40, in 2012.  Most guys my age buy a Harley.....I bought a sawmill  :-X
Been enjoying sawing and learning more about it since then, and the FF has been a lot of help!!
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

Andy White

Go-fer-wood,
Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn and share! We love sawing, building, and anything else [wood].
Next time you fire up the mill, remember....We Like Pictures!!!  8) 8) 8)     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

drobertson

Pretty good story, I do remember go fer wood ;D  I thought that was a unique handle, glad to see you back and running,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Go-fer-wood!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

So that now I can officially Welcome you to the Forestry Forum, Go-fer-wood.   8)

(He is your sorta neighbor Andy White.) 

SawyerBrown

Welcome (back), Go-fer!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Thank You Sponsors!