iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 51 Gas Tank Vent Leaking

Started by kenskip1, May 27, 2017, 12:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

OK So yesterday I was cutting up a wind blown down tree. Saw ran perfect.Anyway put saw down yesterday. Tonight went to clean it up and I now have a gas leak. I have isolated the leak down to the right side of the tank in the upper right corner. This is where the mix is coming from.Is this the gas tank vent? I look into the hole and it appears as if there is a rubber line.The saw itself runs great. If this is the vent are they readily available?Of course this has to happen on a Friday night.Any suggestions? We may have a series of storms coming in and I want to be ready. Thanks Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

dougand3

It's a black straw with a button filter in the end. Button may be damaged or fallen out. Husqvarna 501873101 is the part #. Also, you can fit a duckbill valve in the straw. Google part # to find a pic. Missing, it won't affect operation - try not to turn saw on R side.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

kenskip1

Well my dealer had one in stock. You Do Not have to remove the rear mount.15 minutes later the old one was out and replaced. Reassembled and now No gas leaks.Grab the thin edge of the plastic tube and attempt to push it through the opposite side. When the top of the vent comes in contact with the upper housing use a screwdriver to allow for clearance and grab the vent.To replace it make sure the mating surface is clean and simply push it into the tank. I used a 1/4 drive extension to tap it gently into place. All is good to go, Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Thank You Sponsors!