iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winch for Case 850D

Started by whitechief, April 03, 2019, 01:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitechief

I've been looking for a winch for my Case 850D for quite some time.They are either very expensive or non-existent.I've even been looking for a junked tractor with a winch but still no luck.Does anyone know of any type of winch that can be easily adapted to this tractor?

Hans1

Crazy timing I just purchased a case 850 and I was wondering about a winch also. Mine has a pto shaft that extends off the back but is covered with a cover.i would imagine most winches could work with adapters.

Riwaka

Does not appear to be a lot of fun putting a winch on an 850. The diesel tank filler is on the rear above the winch. Low bolt holes for mounting. Machine from the 1980s and early 1990s likely to have an old hydraulic system.
Probably be an expensive exercise whatever option you take.

http://files.dozerwinchparts.com.s91817.gridserver.com/allied/archive/W3-5B.pdf

http://files.dozerwinchparts.com.s91817.gridserver.com/carco/archive/30B-PS-for-CASE%20450B.PDF

Probably not worth spending any money on an old dozer if carb have the machine in their sights.
Carb likely to have 623 million dollars cut from their budget in 2019-2020.
The 2019-20 Budget: Natural Resources and Environmental Protection

Hans1

After looking at winch options a good functioning winch fairlead combo will cost almost as much as the machine itself. My latest idea is to fab a ridigid 3 point mount and use a tractor 3point winch just not sure what speed the case 850 shaft spins at.

albionlogger

Hi whitechief, I have a carco winch off of an old 1969 case 1150 dozer carco model E30sg.I have no idea if it would at all hook up to your more modern dozer but ill get rid of it for next to nothing,i have no use for it (needs to be completely gone through)

OldTimbercutter

I recently got a case 850c . Bought it to replace a deere 450c.  Was looking for a dozer with a winch but this case was in good shape so I bought it.   I have the deere winch and was hoping to mount it on the case if possible.   Have been told they made a gearmatic that would work but there is not much information out there on a case 850 with a winch.

I love the dozer and hope someone comes up with an idea on what might work
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
pretty wife who likes to cook
prentice loaders
A few huskys and a dolmar
Life is good

Oliver05262

There is a CASE 850D with a winch on Vermont Craig's right now, but it is no parts machine. Says he just put money in the winch. Just passing this along. He is asking full boat retail for it.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!