iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did I mention Pine.................

Started by woodmills1, February 27, 2008, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Well I am moving pine like you wouldn't believe.  Two of my tree guys are on jobs that give 50 foot of huge pine before the major branches.  One load 8 logs and the trailer was full.  I bet by saturday I have 30,000 foot for the month.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Dave Shepard

Where's the pics? Is it the good stuff? (I know, I sound like an addict, always looking for the "good" stuff :D)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ibseeker

You made me curious, Dave....what's the good stuff?
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

Dave Shepard

30" small end, 16 feet long, no knots, bumps, twists, crooks, and 'bout no taper to speak of. Love the good stuff. On the way to town there is a patch of pine trees that has what I call veneer pine. 100'+ tall, 60+  absolutely clear trunks, and barely any taper.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

submarinesailor

Can I place an order for some 20'- 2"x12"s??????

Bruce

woodmills1

I will take the camera today............and yes some of it is the good stuff.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Dave Shepard

Quote from: submarinesailor on February 28, 2008, 06:07:13 AM
Can I place an order for some 20'- 2"x12"s??????

Bruce

Will they fit on the UPS truck? :D I could definately saw them, I've got some fat 20 footers down in the log yard.

Dave

woodmills1

Ok just got in with some pictures from today
first is a shot of the kind of trees Mike has been cutting

here is the nice and pallet pines I brought home in two loads today

and here is a shot of the junk load so it is actually what I "paid" for the logs in the previous picture.  this is the third load for today.

here is mike on his tracked machine bringing a 10 footer out of the back yard and then some shots of the long pines on the ground

Maineloggerkid

I cut a pretty good size pine the other day. When we got it to the yard we measured it at 87'. WE measured the top and we found that it was a 120' tree. I would like to have gotten more of the top, but do to the situation, had to cut it a little short.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

woodmills1

37 loads in three weeks, 23 went to the mill.  More would have gone in but its quota time so I can only sell the pallett.  Anyone want some nice pine butt logs? ???

semologger

How many feet/ton can you haul with that rig? Do you have to have a ton truck to pull it with. I would like to have a rig like that. Got to many toys though. Seem to always be chasing my own tail.

I am cutting a patch of pine right how a 20 acre clear cut. It has some nice stuff on it. Sent a load of logs off 50 trees and was around 4500 feet. And thats is just the trees i can cut with my cutter its a shear head. The logs will start adding up quick when i get all  the small stuff out. Then i will come in with the chainsaw and cut the big ones. Alot i cant reach my arms around. That is if the land owner will stop marking them. He said he just wants to leave one here and there. Now hes marking all the big trees about 75 feet apart. He is wanting to make pasture for his cows and he aint going to get any grass if he keeps it that thick. Ill get some pitchures soon.

Dave Shepard

woodmills1, I wish you were closer, or diesel was $.25/gallon. :-\ I love sawing big pine. Will you have a market before it warms up? Would hate to see it spoil.

Dave

woodmills1

I just looked it up you are 157 miles away from me, I can haul around 1800 bd ft so basically would make the gas money for the trip.  Not very cost effective.  Now if you know a tractor trailer driver who could haul 6000 feet maybe it would be worth it.  I found a mill that will buy it but it is 90 miles away.  I might have a larger log truck haul it for me, or I should just cut it on the mill and get it on stickers.

Dave Shepard

By the time it's air dried people will be ready to put siding on those summer projects. ;)

Dave

zopi

Happiness >is< a whack of clear logs..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

woodmills1

got my final check for deliveries in February and get this almost 22,000 bd ft delivered for the month.  Dang I only did around 70 thou all last year. 8)

woodmills1

got paid for the 16 and 17th of march and up to 9600 in march.  Now one of my tree service is doing 38 pines in 2 yards in westford mass.  Took out 2 loads today after 2 loads from tweksbury. Man this is some retirement. :D

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Don't know which I want the worse...

A Blue Ox or the ASV!

>:(

This covetation thing is an awful, awful sickness!

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

woodmills1

We are sure whackin out the pine again, and joy of joy I am off quota the mill is back on line.

Thank You Sponsors!