iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First time in at least three years

Started by Gary_C, October 20, 2010, 05:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Yes, it's official. The cold and flu season is here.

Day before yesterday I had two doctors appts. First one at the foot doctor in the morning and then at the dentist in the PM. Then yesterday morning I felt a tightness in my throat and by last night a full blown sore throat and earache. By this morning it was into my sinuses and eyes. Plus my stomach was doing flipflops and I had the chills. And I never get sick and this is the first day in at least three years.

I have always thought my luck was because I spent so much time alone in the woods and when I am home I wash my hands frequently. And when I do go to the doctor, I try to avoid everything and never look at or touch the magazines in the waiting rooms. But in the doctors office, the waiting room which is shared with pediatrics, was full of kids and moms. So I guess my luck ran out.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Roxie

I'm so sorry to hear you're down.  It probably was the pediatric's waiting room.  Children are the greatest blessing in life, but they are minature germ factories.   :D

We keep water free hand sanitizer in the truck and use it immediately after visiting the grandkids, and we get fewer illnesses now.  One of two things has happened...either the sanitizer works or we've built up an immunity from constant exposure to the kids. 

Say when

submarinesailor

Roxie,

The grandsons, 3 and 5 years old, live with us.  And one of their favor things to do each day is to "climb the tickle monster" (me, grandpa, the tickle monster) while I'm sitting on the couch.  I just got over my 3rd sinus infection this year.  Worst one in a long while - the major reaction to a spider bite at the same time didn't help out any either.

So, I know exactly what you mean by "miniature germ factories".

Bruce

metalspinner

Quotewe've built up an immunity from constant exposure to the kids. 

If anyone wants to build up some immunity, I have a couple of blessings that can be borrowed for a while. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

clww

I'm still in the US Navy (20 more months to go  :) ) and we are required to get the flu shot every year.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

jim king

Living to sterile is not healthy in my opinion.  

Tourists come here with enough shots and medicine to kill a horse.  Nobody "locals" gets the common problems here that are over burdoning the health system up there.  We have people that come here with bottles of things that they say sterilize thier hands,  any kid playing outside or for that matter inside can tell you it is not necessary.

Less health care for the little problems  that used to be normal is healthy for all.  I really doubht if any of you made your Grandmother sick.

Tom

I hear that the Europeans did a pretty good number on the population of Native Americans in the early years.  Some estimates say that European diseases took out as much as 90% of the population in the Americas.

Now, in my own environment, I'm not to particular myself, but I think I would be careful if I traveled.

Chuck White

I think Roxie pretty-well has it!

Kids will spread more germs than anyone or anything else.

I started coming down with a cold, eyes watering, nose running, etc on 22 Dec (last day of the first term), and just about have it whipped now.
I haul anywhere from 40 to 60 kids on my school bus route.  Go figure!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Yea, I blame yer counterpart here in Michigan!  She has about 70 kids get on every morning and cough in her face and tell her good morning, then she comes home and kisses me.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Lil is a Kindergarten teacher.... Spends all morning locked up with 30 snotty nose ankle biters. If there is a virus going around, we get to see it first. Of course on the bright side, it seem to work as a natural immunisation, so although we get sniffles and minor flu symptoms quite often, it never seems to get saved up for that big "3 years worth in one go"

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!