iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Kombi attachments work with Kobalt 80v brushless trimmer

Started by d1hamby, October 17, 2017, 09:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d1hamby

I've been using a Kobalt 80v brushless trimmer with my Stihl kombi attachments with great results for several months. Only issues were with an eight line trimmer head, bed edger and the heavier bar and chains on the pole saw overloading the motor.
Own a Stihl 362 16" 0.050" carbide and steel, and 25" 0.063" Stihl 020T
Stihl KM131R, 130R and KM56R with several Brush Cutter and Weed Trimmer heads. Pole Pruner (with 10", 12" w/wo Carbide, and 16" bar&chains) , Blower, Modified 135° Hedge Trimmer, Straight Edger, Bed Edger, Tiller Kombi attchment

maple flats

If I ever get a Kobault 80V head I'll have to remember that, I have a few Kombi attachments for 2 different Stihl power heads. Good to know. I have a pole saw head and a couple of 12" sickle bar mowers used mainly for trimming close in the blueberries. The saw might be too much for the Kobalt head.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

d1hamby

I use the 10" b&c with the angled gear head all the time with the Kobalt head. Just can't cut easily through larger hardwood branches.
I can't find them in the US Catalog anymore. Got mine a few years ago in the Tampa area.
http://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Products/KombiSystem-and-MultiSystem/Accessories-for-KombiSystem/21197-1555/Angled-gearhead.aspx

Have you thought about putting a larger hedge trimmer blade on? I know they come in 30" double sided and 40" single side. I'm still not sure how compatible they are with the Kombi head. The new updated hedge trimmer is a lot lighter, but it might be smaller. They are available at my Rural King store.

http://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Products/KombiSystem-and-MultiSystem/KombiTools/274706-1482/HL-KM-145.aspx
Own a Stihl 362 16" 0.050" carbide and steel, and 25" 0.063" Stihl 020T
Stihl KM131R, 130R and KM56R with several Brush Cutter and Weed Trimmer heads. Pole Pruner (with 10", 12" w/wo Carbide, and 16" bar&chains) , Blower, Modified 135° Hedge Trimmer, Straight Edger, Bed Edger, Tiller Kombi attchment

Thank You Sponsors!