iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JOhn deere 440c freespool

Started by furltech, November 05, 2015, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

I have looked through the forum for instructions on how to adjust the freespool on my winch but i can seen to find any .also my skidder has the synchro mesh i believe it is called tranny .it has two shifters and one is range .is there just 2 ranges or three .the linkage is sloppy and it is hard to tell taking it out tommorow and tightening it up some .

tj240

the freespool is easy. take the cover off, under the brakeband the is a half inch bolt with a locknut. all you need to do is adjust that bolt to keep tension on the brake band. in the manual it gives measuements, but just lock the winch, leave a ltttle space between that bolt and the band. adjust it to the freespool you want. it is a  pain in the butt, but it is easy. you might have to adjust a bunch, but when you find the happy spot you are good. make sure the slave cylinder is adjusted right or you will be buying springs. good luck. with the trans two levers is for the 2 gears. say you are in 1st and the short lever should take you to 1 or 2 then if shift the long lever it will put you to 3 or 4. its been along time since i have been one one.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

furltech

Thank you, it is much easier to ask someone who knows then it is to tear it apart blind ..only took me 45 years or so to get that half sunk in my skull .i appreciate the help.

tj240

if you have any other questions let me know. if i can help i will. the 440c is a good small machine. i pulled some killer hitches with a d model. same winch, on a 540b now, they still have the same winch, i think.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

BargeMonkey

I have the manuals for a 440C/ D  and 3325 winch, if you need something looked up or a section emailed let me know.

furltech

Thankfull for the help guys i am sure i will have a few more questions before i am done .All my expieriece has been harvester forwarder .I have done some small stuff with my atv and trailer and just upgrade to the skidder from tractor winch

Thank You Sponsors!