iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln done-----almost

Started by tacks Y, May 12, 2019, 12:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

I have been working at it and set in place now. Still have to make carts and track, run wire to it. The kiln is 18' long and 6' 7" wide.  I was given doors from an old kiln, theses are what is now left.                                                                                                                               

I started with 3 I beams to make 2 for skids.                                                                                                                                           

I made 2x4 walls with fiberglass insulation and aluminum skin inside and out. The aluminum from tearing the kiln doors apart.

All wood was used from tearing ting apart or down even some 20' 2x4s. Did alot of the work inside until I ran out of room. So out it comes, moved it under the roof to the right.

Sorry this pic should have been before the other.

The roof material was used from a green house. Found for sale a couple hours away. The roof picture is in the rain.    

I welded up a door to roll the carts in.

After seeing the sun in it I painted the floor and the rest of the walls.

Sitting with some other sheds/buildings.So that is all, hope to get to carts this week.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

tacks Y

Thanks Gene, I need to put a curtain in also. Do you think my fans are good or should I have put them closer to the rear wall? As it is I can get in and access  the wood standing up right.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

cbla

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tacks Y

Thanks cbla, doc. I made the carts and some track for them. Wiring now.

tacks Y

Loaded some wood today, about 300 ft per cart 600 total. Could put another 400 ft in I think but this was one stack. It had been around here for a while. This is about all I can push in by hand, need to do some rigging for larger loads. I also had to trim end to close door, need to make a box for stacking and stickering. All red oak but a few white pine.

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!