iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fired up the old edger yesterday

Started by lyle niemi, January 18, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

The weather has been real nice up here the last few days so I thought it was time to do some second cuts 8)

mad murdock

Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

drobertson

If machines could talk, I bet they would say the weather is better too :D    nice to get things done! looks like a beautiful day!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

customdave

Looks like you gotter dial in lyle, I haven't had time to get my edger ready to rock yet, too many things on the to do list, but your pics are reminding me to hurry up! Enjoy the weather, Feburary is coming, suposed to be a bear for snow >:(...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Possum Creek

That is a nice looking edger. Do you ever lose anything in all that snow?

papow22

I have a old edger but it is in pieces & I'm slowly working at it but was wondering what size of motor.And from your pics I see you are about 4 - 5 hrs away,Well I'm going to see if I can drop in on the operation to see the edger in action,it sure would be nice but this time of the Year I make money TRUCK Driving,so when the weather warms up I'll get back to you till then  smiley_beertoast
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

Coon

We don't lose things in the snow in these parts....we just put them into safe keeping till the spring.... :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Magicman

The above post made me smile.  Not for what it said but who said it. 

Welcome back my Friend.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Yes,Coon,glad to see you back.  :)   I hope all is well and you will have the time to stick around.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Coon

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Coon on January 22, 2014, 12:01:45 PM
Yes, I am back,  ;D

Coon,

Good to see you.

Hope things are going well.

Hope you get time to bring us up to date on things.

Be Careful!

Herb

lyle niemi

Quote from: papow22 on January 22, 2014, 01:24:44 AM
I have a old edger but it is in pieces & I'm slowly working at it but was wondering what size of motor.And from your pics I see you are about 4 - 5 hrs away,Well I'm going to see if I can drop in on the operation to see the edger in action,it sure would be nice but this time of the Year I make money TRUCK Driving,so when the weather warms up I'll get back to you till then  smiley_beertoast
The motor is out of an old combine, it's a f 140 I think??? It would be great if you come for a visit!

papow22

Hey I sure would like slip for a visual visit.I have a circle sawmill that my late Father made from scratch,Cause when he bought it was made with wood husk and lot of wood frame.the termites attack it like I attack a moose steak lol. Well I was glad I could run faster scared than he could mad.But he totally astonished me.And for paint it was not his thing making it run better.Well I drive to see your operation this summer I'll bring my  mac lap top with a pile of photos and some ideas that I know that work,Specially the one that he made from his own ideas .like log rollers,log stoppers ,log turner,all from one place to control at the pull stick.Also a homemade conveyer to move sawdust away from the mill.
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

papow22

Hey I sure would like slip for a visual visit.I have a circle sawmill that my late Father made from scratch,Cause when he bought it was made with wood husk and lot of wood frame.the termites attack it like I attack a moose steak lol. Well I was glad I could run faster scared than he could mad.But he totally astonished me.And for paint it was not his thing making it run better.Well I drive to see your operation this summer I'll bring my  mac lap top with a pile of photos and some ideas that I know that work,Specially the one that he made from his own ideas .like log rollers,log stoppers ,log turner,all from one place to control at the pull stick.Also a homemade conveyer to move sawdust away from the mill.

lyle niemi

I look forward to meeting you pap! 8)

Thank You Sponsors!