iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tore my bicep

Started by Bruno of NH, September 12, 2017, 07:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Tore my left bicep this morning helping a customer load some log cabin replacement log I milled for him.
Let me tell ya it made a ripping noise and then smarted some .
It's the last thing I needed happen right now.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

chet

Another sign of gettin' old, Old Man Popeye Arm.   ;)   Ripped both of mine, did in the second arm about a year after the first.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Al_Smith

I did my left arm.The right has a torn rotator cuff .Isn't that just dandy?

Magicman

Is a bicep tear something that will heal of does it need surgery to tie it back together?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

A partial tear may somewhat heal. A complete tear would require surgery. With a complete tear the bicep will ball up when ripped off and give ya dat permanent Popeye Muscle.
I went to the Doc for my first one, as the brusing was quite severe. His responce was 'we don't bother repairing it on old farts'.    :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

red

I had a complete tear of my upper quad muscle . Had surgery to reconnect the next morning .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ed_K

Tore the left one when I slipped climbing up into the skidder. Broke a rib sliding back down. Thats how I found out about the cancer. real bummer  :( .
Ed K

elk42

Bruno did it look like this one.

[img]
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Chuck White

Yikes, I mean OUCH!   :o

I couldn't imagine! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stoneyacrefarm

Ouch Elk.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Deese

ELK42, that looks wonderful!
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

barbender

My garsh, that looks horrible!!
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

red

Now that's not a picture to see in the morning, or anytime .  Barely human ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Peter Drouin

The other arm will get a work out now. Easy Bruno stop lifting 3/400lb logs by hand, use the tractor.
I will pray for a fast recovery for you.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

The tractor got picked up the night before.
It had a coolant leak and needed it's first service and the long kit installed.
I'm having the dealer do the first service so if there is any thing in the oil they see it.
I'm still working doing a porch renovation job.
With one arm :)
To busy to stop

Bruno of NH

I told the guy the logs were heavy.
He only left with half a load had to come back
I won't do that again :)
I'm a slow learner

Bruno of NH

This what mine looks like

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

:o   smiley_curtain_peek
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

This is what the bicep looks like today :(

loganworks2

OUCH!! Give ti a couple of days and it will be black like  ELK42. I hope it heals quickly for you.

DPatton

Ouch! I can feel for ya as I tore my right distal bicep in 2012. A sudden gust of wind while I was handling saturated sheets of 3/4" CCA caught me off guard. Although mine was not all that painful the ripping sensation and popping sounds of the tendon snapping is one you remember for a while. Had surgery to reattach everything then almost 6 months of physical therapy but mine has never been as good as it was before. I hope you have a quicker recovery than mine was.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

florida

A bicep tear ended my nephews pro baseball career. It's been 2 years and several surgeries and he's still not back to normal. Needless to say, he's a very fit young man. My sympathy. Keep it iced!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!