iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost at sea?

Started by Raider Bill, November 01, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The two chicks floating around in their sailboat for 5 months and rescued by the U.S.Navy. They didn't activate their emergency beacon, cited a huge storm that nobody else knew about. Ate 79 jars of peanut butter. I dunno...

https://youtu.be/Q8jhb5NnADM
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bert

Id like to get lost for a month or so anyhow ;D
Saw you tomorrow!

Jeff

Yea, me too, but in the woods.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stuart Caruk

It's possible that they were simply the dumbest, most incompetent sailors around, but I doubt it. After all they were on a sailboat, with sails still, and a mast. Even if they lost their rudder and a keel, they could still have put up enough sail to run downwind where they would have hit thousands of anchorages.

Me thinks they want to get their own show... they certainly can compare with some of the reality shows out there.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Ianab

Considering the natives in the area could navigate through the Islands between NZ and Hawaii, in stone age sailing canoes, using maps made from sticks and seashells, this pair were an epic failure as navigators.

They sailed past several islands where they could have stopped for repairs, or even if they had set off their EPRB near one it would have been a simple rescue by the local Islanders who would have been happy to tow them into a harbor and help fix their boat.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sprucebunny

How did they keep a battery charged to use the VHF every day ?
Must have had a lot of cooking fuel with them to eat all those dry grains.

Something seems fishy  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

snowstorm

Wind generator ?some sail boats have them

sprucebunny

Or a solar panel. I didn't see a wind generator in the pictures but I didn't look close.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

easymoney

they said that they felt that they would have not lasted more than a couple of more days if they had not been rescued when they did. they looked like they was in pretty good condition to me. they said that they did not consider their situation being desperate enough to activate the distress beacon.  i doubt that they had really spent all that time floating around in the ocean.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They're looking for a movie deal................and so am I'm.

Not gonna happen.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DPatton

Lol...Wouldn't be the first time someone put a goat on a boat.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Hilltop366

It's a good thing they don't drive Harleys, I can see the story now....

"We were broke down for three months about 2 miles from Walmart with nothing to eat but the leather saddle bags. Finally some stopped and rescued us. Sure we had AAA but did't want to bother them."

;D

btulloh

HM126

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Hilltop366 on November 02, 2017, 08:39:41 AM

"We were broke down for three months about 2 miles from Walmart with nothing to eat but the leather saddle bags. Finally some stopped and rescued us. Sure we had AAA but did't want to bother them."

;D

ROFLMAO!!! This is awesome!  :D :D :D :D 8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

barbender

That's good, Hilltop!😂😂
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

Their two dogs looked healthy enough.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

Quote from: Corley5 on November 04, 2017, 08:51:45 PM
Their two dogs looked healthy enough.
what to eat  :D :D :-X
Quote from: Hilltop366 on November 02, 2017, 08:39:41 AM

;D
couldn't call there cell phone battery was dead  ;D ;D

red

One said she lost 75pounds ? 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Savannahdan

Well, in that case she has clearly demonstrated the benefits of being or near being lost at sea.  That will give her an extra opportunity to write a book on weight loss programs and be on talk shows to tell about it.  Where's my "I'm lost at sea boat?"
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

pabst79

I agree that the dogs looked great, that to me is the most telling thing about the entire bovine excrement story. The amount of food dogs would have to eat in a 5 month span to look as fit as the one on the news was...I mean, wouldn't you think you'd at least see ribs? I suppose its possible that the dogs also lost 75lbs.... ::)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

red

I just think it's Great , a guy named Raider Bill is keeping two female sailors Honest . . .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Magicman

Heck, they may even be a couple of his X-Wives.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

Raider Bill

Seems these 2 drift to another drummer that even my good looks can't crack. :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!