iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log loader for a trailer

Started by hampton, September 15, 2011, 12:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hampton

I have a 12' 10000lb gvw trailer and wood like to make it as easy as possible to load logs when there is no other equipment there  I have a lot of people that need this service   Now I either bring my ctl with grapple  or winch it up a ramp  I have steel and welding equip.  Ive seen a number of systems is anyone using a good system

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

Now your just showing off! ;D Your making me jealous.
Precision Firewood & Logging

mog5858

that's one sweet looking set up you got ther you should be very proud of that.

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Bobus2003

Try to find an old Hay loader off a Bale Grinder. Light weight, had plenty of power to lift logs, My dad did it many years ago and it worked well

Slingshot

Here is one I rigged up. Does a good job me;

SwampDonkey

Here's a nice ATV package. Only reason I was looking is for something small, in small wood thinnings (fir/aspen). On my better ground my fir trees are growing like weeds, literally. Wish the price for pulp was worth it. Was thinking about a package for winter logging, has an option for skis. My woods is all second growth and mostly plantations. I have some fir as big as 18" dbh already (older wood) and a lot of 8"-10" stuff (young). My land can only be logged in winter because it's flat with some wet drainage areas which firm up in winter. Just a pipe dream at this stage, as I would prefer my trees to grow another 10 years to put more into the 12"-16" range. Plus the price for the top wood pulp (4') is in the crapper by the time you pay a trucker, you have nothing (wood price $100/cord). Was thinking of a small low production mill to slice up the fir. Add that all up and I have more in iron than I can get  for the wood.  No winning in this game. ::)

http://www.qualipro.ca/trailer.htm
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Piston

Quote from: Slingshot on September 26, 2011, 08:58:31 PM

Here is one I rigged up. Does a good job me;

Slingshot,
That is a real nice setup.  I like the simplicity of it and looks heavy duty.  Do you use a standalone hydraulic pump/motor to run the hydraulics?  If so can you tell a little more about it? 

What size steel did you use? 

I have an electric winch that I've been looking for something to do with.
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Thank You Sponsors!