iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cordless POLE Chainsaws—Your recommendations?

Started by rockymtntree, August 06, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockymtntree

Need a powered pole saw and looking into cordless.  Some of you are using what's out there and I'd appreciate your positive and negative comments about what's available.

I prefer to buy better quality for hopefully less hassle, better cutting, and longevity.  What build aspects should I look for?

I am interested in one with good balance, meaning if the head is so heavy, it doesn't matter how long the pole is because it's really hard to hold it up at an angle for very long.  I would think that cordless would be a major improvement in reducing the weight of the head, but don't know (?).

Probably would pair it with a small cordless chainsaw for large bush/small tree removal at some point, so use of battery pack for that and possibly other tools would be helpful.  
Looking to deal with large overgrown property, not daily yr round pro use.

Thanks for your help!

TKehl

Cordless versus corded versus gas won't affect the weight of the head.  

I'm pretty happy with my Oregon cordless.  May get one of their electric chainsaws as well simply due to the ease of sharpening.  (Stick bar in scabbard and run a few seconds to sharpen.)  
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Thank You Sponsors!