iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just Ordered my 1st LOGRITE!

Started by Cguignard, April 01, 2014, 11:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cguignard

I just ordered my 1st logrite peavey. :)  My buddy ordered one and after trying it I loved it, he went with the regular one, I ordered 60in extreme duty.  Now from what everyone is saying I will need to find a place to hang my wood handled ones on the shop wall with all of my other antique tool's. 8)

Brian C.

We have two 48" can't hooks and just bought the mega 78" one. They are the best. We have beat the heck out of them, used them to pry to move logs, and as levers to lift logs and they are still in one piece.

Magicman

Congratulations.  Now you can start saving your milk & egg money for another.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ocklawahaboy

I milled for a year without one.  Not going to do that again. 

thecfarm

Cguignard,Seen this thread?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,74034.msg1123072

This is a WM show just about an hour from you. Logrite will there there too. You can meet Kevin.
Come on up and see the snow I have compared to you.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cguignard

Thanks Magicman, just one question for you, how do you get a smiley dancing with a blue logrite?

jcbrotz

Quote from: Cguignard on April 01, 2014, 05:41:13 PM
Thanks Magicman, just one question for you, how do you get a smiley dancing with a blue logrite?

Only logrite's best customer gets to use that smiley.

Edit
Have Jeff hide it better I found it  logrite_cool
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

thecfarm

Poor guy,right below the smileys is [more] click onto that,will open up into another window,3 row,way over on the right. logrite_cool logrite_cool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Congratulations. I first made the mistake of buying one of the steel ones at tractor supply that never grabbed good and bent after a couple of uses. I feel my new LOGRITE cant hook will outlast me and the best part is it never slips so hopefully I will never wind up laying face down on a log again logrite_cool.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

GAB

21incher:
You said: "never grabbed good "  I had 2 like that.  Took out the angle grinder and made some undocumented revisions to the pawl. Grabbing problems went away.
Also to your statement - "hopefully I will never wind up laying face down on a log again "  Don't you just like how mother nature teaches.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

Quote from: Cguignard on April 01, 2014, 05:41:13 PMhow do you get a smiley dancing with a blue logrite? 
As soon as yours arrives, you will be doing the Logrite Boogie too.   logrite_cool logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cguignard

logrite_cool Found it.  The only regret I have is buying 2 new wooden handled peaveys, in the last few years. The new ones that I have don't bite well and I think I spent 60$ each for them.  In the pic of me rolling the large pine log I was using an old peavey that I had bought at a barn sale for 5$ that one did bite well. 
I have some 16' red oak on my log brow that I am looking to saw next week, hope it gets here in time!

Magicman

Hopefully it will be.  Tammy is a "fast shipper".   logrite_cool

Brucer

The subject line pretty much says it all -- "my 1st Logrite". Trust us, it really is only the first.  ;D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Sixacresand

Just Tuesday FedX delivered a pretty blue, 48 inch Logrite peavy.  And just like the Customsawyer said, you can stick it in the ground and it will stay upright until you need it next time. So far,  It's been a great tool.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!