iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Birds nest

Started by Jeff, February 21, 2019, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

If I remember Lusen the rocker till it taps, Then tighten till it stops then a ½ turn more.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Yup, I think I went a quarter turn. I put it all back together and it sounds fine now, other than it has a smoke issue on the right side.   I'm sending it into the shop tomorrow to have it looked over by an old school race guy I know. I want to make sure the engine is viable before I continue to do anything further to it. I have some leaks and things that need attention and there is no sense wasting my time on this engine if it has any major issues.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

Good idea, The smoke might be from a valve seal not doing its job. I wish you luck :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

chet

Had dat same engine in a T-bird I once bought for $800. Smoked good especially after start up, or adding oil. Turned out ta be partially plugged oil galleries in the heads. I put in new valve guide seals at the same time. It never smoked again during the next 160,000 miles I put on it. Other than a water pump that's all I ever did to that engine. :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Peter Drouin

Did you find someone to go over it, Or did you go and check all of them your self??
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

We've  got an old school shop here in town that i trust to look at it, but the weather is good and they also make hay. I'm hoping to drop it off Monday. He has to have one of his bays empty before we take mine over, because he wont put it outside.

Peter Drouin

Good news. I like [old school] Maybe because I'm old.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Its still not Monday.  :)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Jeff on July 21, 2019, 10:10:28 PM
Its still not Monday.  :)

I guess I'm excited for you and can't wait.  ;)  I went to start my car and the battery was dead. So I'm looking at the motor, put my hand on the alternator and it was hot.  :o
The battery was feeding into it. I have no idea why. Charge the battery up and it runs ok. 
Always something. ::) :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

I'm taking it in in the morning. They have a truck in this morning in the bay I was to get. It broke down over the weekend and the guy needs it to get to work. My deal can wait as far as I am concerned. Nothing worse than a broken down vehicle that you need to get to work.

Don P

Sorry Jeff, that was mine, if he'd kick that tractor restore out of the other bay he could get some real work done. I didn't know you were using Joe too :D

A warm alternator makes me think the field isn't wired to the switch right.

Peter Drouin

Is it all better now??
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Dunno. Its still there and ive not even thought about it due to trying to get things done around here. I hope to hear today.

Jeff

Gary is out of commission for a few days. He has a blood infection. Cut on his hand. Been there. Done that. So, the mustang may or may not be here for the pigroast.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Still untouched.  Word is this coming week.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Stopped in on the way home from the U.P, yesterday.  Gary has been in the hospital. Had a sore on the back of his arm near his elbow that turned out to be MRSA.  Gary is the man for this. He's getting better. We talked about it. we need to just tear the top of the engine down. and make sure it is put back together correctly. Maybe Monday.  The sore on the back off his arm looks like a moon crater.

doc henderson

if he is good and has issues beyond his control ,  it is worth the wait and the right thing to do.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

The Mustang is home and in the barn as of last Friday. The head/rocker stud on the front drivers side was loose. So, never torqued. so that is fixed. He checked the rest on that side and they were okay. Reggie was working on it because Gary has the big Mersa sore on his arm still.

They just are not going to have the time this summer or fall to work on it.  I still have some oil smoke out the passenger side exhaust. The consensus is that engine needs to be tore back down to make sure noting else was neglected. Gary doesn't want to do it in his shop due to the opening and closing of doors all the time and the lack of an ultra clean environment. He says they just don't do it anymore.

Peter Drouin

Good, you got it back. Too bad Gary doesn't have time for you. Most places just want to unbolt a part and put on a new one, easy fast and more $$$ for them. That way no thinking on their part. ::)
I did find a guy here that builds race cars and is more than happy to work on my 32 hot rod.
Mine seems to burn the contacts inside of the distributor cap. It's going to his shop in the morning. When it comes back it will run like Dales #3. I can't figure it out :D ;)

I'm having a hell of a good time with it. I think I'll nickname it the [EDITED OUT ADMIN]  ;D ;)  All the girls want a ride, Talk about a girl magnet, wow!!!!  And they don't care I'm a 64-year-old guy. :D :D :D ;)
Nice day here today 70° with sun sawing lumber and making $$$.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!