iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am telling you right now if the wife

Started by Banjo picker, August 29, 2015, 02:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

dyes her hair, you better notice it right away.  I didn't and this is my second day in the proverbial dog house.  I think its gona cost me some money to get out. :D. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Autocar

It already cost you remember the hair dye  :D  :D  :D
Bill

Magicman

And I thought that you were not supposed to notice, as in "Baby you are looking good just like when we first met".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Quote from: Banjo picker on August 29, 2015, 02:42:59 PM
dyes her hair, you better notice it right away.  I didn't and this is my second day in the proverbial dog house.  I think its gona cost me some money to get out. :D. Banjo

Banjo;  This is almost like "never" forgetting your anniversary!

Forget it once and you won't forget it again!  Old Saying!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Or the Birthday I got smart and put it in my phone now I don't get into trouble for that anyway  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Banjo picker

We went out to eat for supper after I finished sawing for the day, I think things are on the mend.    Like Autocar said I done paid once.  If I would of been a little quicker with the thinking, I would have tried Lynn's version.  I know better than to forget an anniversary...we been married 40 years.  You can sorta keep up with something like that, but hair dye....a guy best be noticing how his bride looks.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Chuck White

The big thing I get in trouble over is not noticing the things Sheila does while I'm out of the house.

Not noticing things like shampooing the carpet, sweep & mop, etc.  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I have learned 2 things,come into the house and say how good looking she is and say the house looks good. Everything is covered and I have not needed a dog house since I've been saying that when I come into the house.  ;)   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

You're not alone, I did not notice the handles being changed on some cabinets she did a make over on .....   :o    ::) :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Chuck White on August 29, 2015, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: Banjo picker on August 29, 2015, 02:42:59 PM

Banjo;  This is almost like "never" forgetting your anniversary!

Forget it once and you won't forget it again!  Old Saying!
i was lucky enough to be the one to set the date for our wedding so i picked april 15 TAX DAY  ;D i have never forgotten and dont think i ever will  :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WV Sawmiller

Banjo,

There is no winning. If you don't say anything she thinks you ignore her. If you comment on it she will ask you the eternal question and you will have to contort your conscience and tell her you love it in spite of the fact you really think it makes her look liked a pied squirrel or you can tell her the truth and go visit with Phydeaux (Fancy spelling for Fido to keep him feeling important too).

You  can't win. We have the granddaughters this weekend and wife needed them out of her hair so she could sew on the daughter's wedding dress for next month's wedding and I took the 3 and 7 y/o with me to clean up around the mill. Had sawed about 800-1000 bf since last clean up and good conditions to burn some slabs and saw dust. I had a respectable fire going while the girls filled 5 gallon buckets of green sawdust I'd then dump on the fire. Of course I was watching them.Yes, they mostly sat in the pile and filled by hand. Yes I knew they got it in each other's hair. Yes, it got in their clothes. "What's the big deal? It will wash out." Wrong response. Oh well the girls had a good time even if it got me in trouble (again). At least the site is clean and I am moderately off the hook for that for a day or so,
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

WV Sawmiller,and I betcha those Granddaughter had a ball!!! That's all that matters to me.
My wife is kinda that way with HER dog. The dog will follow me through the woods,water and all. The dog has fun,and I have fun watching her. Than the dog comes back to the house and PaPa has to give the dog a bath. This was supposed to be a little girl dog to wear dresses. Not chase squirrels,woodchucks,ran behind me and be with me. She is a Tomboy.
And I understand the sawdust part too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

maple flats

What I say if I don't notice something my bride of almost 48 yrs. thinks I should have noticed is something like "that's why you married me, we are opposites". It's worked for me for the whole time.
However I make no guarantees for others who try it!!!
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

red

Make an eye Dr appt and it will cost you a third time
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

CFarm,

You are right. The girls did have a blast. I figure if they are in no danger and having a good time, learning things and actually helping, go ahead and leave them alone. I had them on time and was out in the woods and they climbed to the top of the slope in the pasture, sat on their butts and scooted down the hill after a heavy rain the night before. They were filthy when they were finished but they had a great time and after a bath and a trip to the laundry room with their clothes everything was restored to like new condition.

I'm a firm believer that kids need to be kids as long as they are safe in doing so.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

fat olde elf

After 54 years and 8 months here is the deal....Happy wife, Happy life.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

beenthere

foe

December 1960 ?

Couple days ago, mine was 54 yrs, 9 months... Very happy life, and hope it stays that way for many more years.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

We are at 52 years, 5 months and closing.  But of course we were only 12 when we married.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dnalley

52 years in september 8).  When someone asks me how long I've been married , I just say "all my life" :)  I might add, it's been ,and still is, a great time, altho I learned a long time ago when I build a doghouse...build one big enough for two!!

sandhills

Other than forgetting Mother's Day, I've doing great this year.  First my wife completely forgot my birthday  ;D, then I somehow got "nominated" to be my step daughters first victim for a haircut at the beauty school she 's attending, and I already have the wife's anniversary present picked out.

woodmills1

The secret up front is to ask your wife when she is coloring her hair so you can respond correct.  Works well here in NH.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

firecord

Should have a gotten a pre nup!  I told my 2nd wife that if she didn't remind me a week in advanced of important dates  I could not be held  responsible for not remembering.   I also put in it that I didn't have to remember her eye color or stupid stuff .   Number 1 (first wife) always got mad cause I couldn't answer those dumb questions.  If the date passes and I forgot I just pull out the paperwork and remind her that I warned her. We both laugh and enjoy the day. My kids call me a week before any of their families important dates cause they know I never know what day it is.  It's worse since I've been retired.

Banjo picker

You guys have some pretty good tips.  Esp. like the pre nup..... but that's too late for me.  And by the way some of you fellows have been hitched so long you should write a book.   :)  Banjo

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tree-farmer

Same situation with hair cuts, it pays to be aware.
Commented on wifes trim a few years back, she said "I had it done 3 days ago, don't you ever look at me"
Sure says I ,"I just never look that high"  ;D
Add this one to a long list of wrong answers......
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

Quote from: tree-farmer on September 06, 2015, 06:38:15 AM
Same situation with hair cuts, it pays to be aware.
Commented on wifes trim a few years back, she said "I had it done 3 days ago, don't you ever look at me"
Sure says I ,"I just never look that high"  ;D
Add this one to a long list of wrong answers......

Or........you could have said something like this!  ;D
I was just waiting to make sure you liked it before I said I did and then it ended up that you hated it!  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!