iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My old crane

Started by trev, April 22, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trev

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/user/trev1970/media/0115130948_zpsb921e018.jpg.html][img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/user/trev1970/media/0115131257_zps40035369.jpg.html][img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/hh65/trev1970/0115131257_zps40035369.jpg[/img][/URL]She was the oldest of the fleet of 8 prentice cranes, but we got the job done. 1985 or 86  610 prentice. set on an 80's style Western Star. 28 mile on the Blanchette rd . all wood headed to St Pamphile --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/hh65/trev1970/morintrucking053_zpsfb6f3d84.mp4][img width=528 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/hh65/trev1970/th_morintrucking053_zpsfb6f3d84.jpg[/img][/URL]This is my last load of the day.

trev

:-[ Just when I think I got it......I don't.

thecfarm

I found your gallery.,I think it was empty. I clicked onto where a picture should be and photo bucket came up.  :o You might have to get rid of that first.
I see you tried back in Feb to add pictures to your album. Try this again.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trev

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/user/trev1970/media/0115130948_zpsb921e018.jpg.html][img width=550 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/hh65/trev1970/0115130948_zpsb921e018.jpg[/img][/URL]

beenthere

Hate to see you struggling with the pics trev.

Here is a link to some help to get them in your gallery (of which I didn't see yet) and posted. Look forward to seeing them. ;)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Your problem is you named an album photo bucket. Photo bucket is not allowed here. The forum changes the name to --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!-- so the photos will not work here.  I've changed the album name to simply "My Photos"   now the pictures will work here by copying the text under them and placing it in the post.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

trev

Thank you Jeff, Yes I have struggled with this contraption we call a computer. I am on a couple other forums and the picture posting process is different on each one. Thanks again guys.

trev

The trouble I have is getting pictures from --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!-- to the gallery. The pics I want to post were downloaded to --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!-- and then my computer fried losing them from the memory, so now the only place I have them is in the bucket.

Jeff

trev, if you look under your large version of the photo in your gallery, you will see some text in a box that you can copy then paste in your post to make your picture appear here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

That baby has its work cut out.  8). Where you located Trev?
Nice photo ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Ed_K

Couldn't get far here in ma. with this load  ;D.

Ed K

trev

A nice load of Eastern White Cedar going to Maibec in St Pamphile Quebec. This load would give me 60 ton payload, I Have hauled 250,000 grose weight with this truck, hauling long Spruce and Fir. in the spring we stash the 12 ft wide and go with highway log trailer or chip van and run hottop. I have run crane for the last 3 winters when most of the wood is hauled in Northern Maine.

Okrafarmer

That is a manly load of wood right there.  :o
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

deastman

If Bobby Goodson of Swamp Loggers could use trailers like that he could make his 100 loads a week goal with about 25 of those size loads!   8)
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

loggah

Trev, I spent a little time in he St. Pamphile area back in the 70,s between there and Daaquam ,and knowles brook and  musquacook,looking for old lombard log hauler parts. Nice crane, looks a lot newer then the old 225 Barko i used to have!! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

trev

Spent the better part of 1o years trucking to St Pamphile mills and staying all week at  the Hotel National. Top floor was the rooms, ground floor the eatery and the basement was bar/strip club. A lot of fridays going home with a headache. Where I work in the summer there are 2 lombards, a steam and a 6 cyl gas. they have been picked a part before it became a park and are now protected. My neighbor John Connors rebuilt a couple and got a lombard from Glazier lake at an old logging camp site.

loggah

Trev, I know John pretty well,Went lombard searching with him years ago ,he showed me and Dave Clark where he pulled out the lombard from Glazier lake with the John Deere Grapple !!! ;D ;D said it took 24 hrs !!! It is exactly 500 miles from my driveway  to Johns in St Francis !! The lombards you must be working near must be the Cunliffe Depot machines !!!  ;D Thats the buggiest place in northern Maine !!!! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

trev

I am the Ranger there at Michaud Farm and yes, it is the buggiest place on earth if you are from away, I grew up in Allagash so I guess I am immune to them. I found a rolled up track below the Allagash Falls that comes from a lombard. John expressed interest a few years ago about rebuilding one of them from Cunliffe,I went to my bosses about the proposal and they were open to the idea but also said the Waterway would always retain ownership and after finished would go to the history museum at Churchill Dam. Sadly John became lame and needed surgery on an ankle and at 80+ a body doesn't bounce back like a young person and now he has a cane to help him get around. He seems to forget  a lot also.

loggah

He used to be one rugged guy back in the 70's!! I know he always wanted a 4 cylinder lombard like his grandfather had! I haven't seen him in some years but i heard his memory was failing. Im sure he wishes he had kept the machines he sold to Harry Crooker!! :( :(. Dealing with anything in the Allagash wilderness waterway is a P.I.T.A. since the Feds have control, It wasent so bad when Merle Scott was in charge. Don

trev

My boss is Merle's son in law. We are getting it back to a friendlier Park like it was  under Merle's watch.

trev

We can't do anything about the black flies haha.

Okrafarmer

Trev, my grandfather was a game warden at Daaquam in the '70's. Oral Page. Ask any of the old-timers around there if they remember him. He passed away about 7 years ago.

loggah

Back in the late 70,s when i was wandering around up in northern Maine looking for Lombard parts,the Warden from that area took a day off and showed me around, i cant remember his name at the moment. We waded across the St.John where Lacroix had his 9 mile bridge to see the old steam shovel, when we were in the shovel poking around the Warden got into a wasp nest and got stung a few times ,i felt pretty bad him taking time off to help me and getting stung !!! ;D ;D Don

Okrafarmer

It may have been him. I don't know how much you remember about him, but he had a fairly slight build and a very quiet and laid back demeanor. That didn't stop him from arresting people though, when they got out of hand!

Thank You Sponsors!