iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

maine moose

Started by Tom L, July 25, 2012, 11:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

does anyone else here apply for a maine moose permit?

I started applying in 1989, still waiting to get picked.

I did make a list of alternates a few years ago, they pick 50 names in case people can not hunt or don't pick up the permits, I was number 45, they gave away the first 40 missed it by 5

moosehunter

I have been applying sense '98. Got drawn that first year - 900lb bull, five years late my hunting buddy was drawn, he got a 650lb cow, three years ago my Dad got drawn, he got a 300lb calf. I think the Maine Moose Lottery has been VERY good to me!! Three times sense '98.
I know others that have been trying sense the modern Lottery started ( 1980something??) and have still not been drawn.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

JohnM

Personally, I stopped applying several years ago.  Until this state makes it 'fair' (a relative term I know) I'm not going to pay into their system.  I lived in Colorado for 3 years and if I remember correctly as long as you kept drawing for tags (goat, sheep, etc) you would 'eventually' accrue enough pts and get drawn.  It may take a decade plus but you would get one.  Here you just accrue 'chances' to win.  I'll just buy a lotto ticket every 3 months or so and buy a moose tag in Canada when I win. ;)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Tom L

that's good thinking, better chance of winning

James Arsenault

Myself, my wife, youngest son and daughter still apply every year. I have been drawn twice (2000, and 2009), my middle son was drawn in either '06, or '07. I have been on many moose hunts as help. Some years, I went on hunts as help both seasons, Sept. and Oct.. Strangely, neither family or friend has been picked since I was in 2009.

I've had a lot of fun on moose hunts. 

Okrafarmer

I grew up in Maine, my dad put in most years, and I think I put in a few times. He got picked twice (I forget what years). I was either in college, or living out of state at the time and could not participate, so I never have gone. He got an old cow moose (+/- 500 lbs) the first time, lots of hamburger, and a nice young male the second time.

My grandfather used to be a game warden in Maine, he's dead now, but he sure could have told you a lot about it.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!