iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 371 XP

Started by deerguy, March 22, 2015, 08:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

Gents,
First post in the Chainsaw section !!

My BIL had a 371 XP that he put more coats of wax on than tanks of gas thru, so I bought it for a couple hundred bucks....it is without a doubt the nicest, fastest and strongest saw I've used.
My question is this. On the XP series or on this model in particular, is there anything to watch for or be careful about ? I would hate to have a breakdown simply because I missed something obvious or because I was too busy to ask a few questions !!

Thanks, Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Skip

I have all XP saws and they don't require any thing special they are the ONLY way to go. One question ya sure it aint a 372 XP ?   I have 268 XP  372 XP 550 XP

deghan2172

I've had a couple 371xp saws. the only real issues that i have seen i the carbs on those are very picky on adjustment. also if its an early one like 1996-1998 they were known to have crankshaft problems. other than that they are a pretty rugged saw
78 Franklin 132 XL-N, 92 Dodge D250, Jonsered 2172, Jonsered 2152

HiTech

Back when I bought my 365 the dealer had a 371 XP on the shelf. It was more money and wasn't that much different in speed. The 365 was 9,300 ft per minute and the 371 XP was 9,600. I believe that was in "95". I have cut a lot of wood with the 365 and it still works great. I believe the new 365's are only 9,000 ft. per minute vs. the XP's 9,600. I was told you should run hi-test gas in them. I run hi-test in all my saws. I also run the oil mix a little thicker than the 50 to 1. I don't think a little extra oil hurts a thing. As far as I ever heard they were a heck of a saw...much like the legendary 372 XP.

Thank You Sponsors!