iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

grits

Started by thecfarm, December 30, 2017, 07:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logger RK

loggah,I'd of won that chain saw throwing contest,if I still had my partner chain that is. It's out in the brush some where, for around 25 years ago I figure now.

thecfarm

No we are not talking about GRITS.  ;D
Just grits.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Ray if you would just eat them they would quit bulling you  :D :D :D

Grizzly

coxy, NO! You'd kill half the conversation on the forum!   :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

thecfarm

Kinda like veggies. People say how good they are. Jeff won't let me say what comes out of a backside of a bull.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: thecfarm on January 01, 2018, 06:17:14 PM
Kinda like veggies. People say how good they are. Jeff won't let me say what comes out of a backside of a bull.
hamburger and stakes  :D

paul case

Grits ''eh''?
What the eh is going on eh with all the yooperisms eh like eh and eh grits eh?

Why eh youall got to eh go picking on eh one another? Caint we eh all just eh get along eh with each eh other?

I cant eh hardly read eh this while eh I am eh typing eh?

eh eh I eh think eh eh it eh eh is eh getting eh worse eh?

EH
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

btulloh

Reports from the Department of Agriculture indicate that the unusually cold weather that just recently affected the entire south and southeast may have had a detrimental affect on over-wintering grit plants.  This could adversely affect the grit harvest this summer.  Based on that information, I would recommend that everyone stock up on grits.  Especially grit lovers in the Northeastern states and places such as Chesterville, Maine.
HM126

Texas Ranger

nothin' like warm GRITS in the mornin'.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

coxy

anyone remember the tv show with when the lady told mel to kiss her grits  :D

Dave Shepard

Alice's Restaurant. Based on the Arlo Guthrie song. The real Alice's was in Stockbridge, MA, 20 minutes from here. 3 minutes from bill m.

"You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant, 'cept Alice!"
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I have a life time supply of grits.

Magicman

And a standing offer for a lifetime unlimited replacement supply.   thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I think one box in my lifetime will last me a while.  ;D
One reason why I will not be buried in a casket. I don't need someone to slip in a box of grits to last me in the after life.  ;D

Jeff

So yer thinking ashes? Ashes that could be sprinkled over seed corn to help it grow then when harvested, stone ground into grits?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

Quote from: Jeff on January 10, 2018, 09:17:19 PM
So yer thinking ashes? Ashes that could be sprinkled over seed corn to help it grow then when harvested, stone ground into grits?
your bad bad bad  :D

Magicman

Does that mean that Ray (gasp) will someday be a bowl of Grits??   :o

Dave Shepard

No, grits bushes don't grow in Maine.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Ashes could be shipped pretty cheaply....

WDH

Ashes to ashes.  Dust to Grits  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

WDH,good one.  ;D 
Making grits in Maine is illegal. I think it's one of those old blue laws. Than you get them people from away,and they want to change everything to make Maine better. 
There will be no making of corn with my ashes.

WV Sawmiller

I have an old HS buddy down in NW Fla who works for the county and I told him if he dies before I do I am going to have him cremated and miss his ashes in a big batch of wet cement and go around the county filling potholes. Then I am going to tell everyone "I know one county employee who is doing something useful for the people in the county."

I would think it would be a high honor to be buried in a casket full of grits. Kind of like southern Ambrosia to the old Greek gods.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Reincarnation, by Wallace McRae

What is reincarnation? A cowboy asked his friend.

It starts, his old pal told him, when your life comes to an end.

They wash your neck and comb your hair and clean your fingernails,

And put you in a padded box away from life's travails.

The box and you goes in a hole that's been dug in the ground.

Reincarnation starts in when you're planted neath that mound.

Them clods melt down, just like the box, and you who is inside.

And that's when you begin your transformation ride.

And in a while the grass will grow upon your rendered mound,

Until some day, upon that spot, a lonely flower is found.

And then a horse may wander by and graze upon that flower

That once was you, and now has become your vegetated bower.

Now, the flower that the horse done eat, along with his other feed,

Makes bone and fat and muscle essential to the steed.

But there's a part that he can't use and so it passes through.

And there it lies upon the ground, this thing that once was you.

And if perchance, I should pass by and see this on the ground,

I'll stop awhile and ponder at this object that I've found.

I'll think about Reincarnation and life and death and such,

And come away concludin', why, you ain't changed all that much.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!