iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Completely Worthless

Started by Magicman, May 26, 2017, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That is the way my "never stop" attitude feels.  I had a sawmilling appointment/job set up but the site was too wet.  I brought the RV Tuesday on the first trip and had plans to saw and Pat could shop and kick back. 

Well, the RV was set up and the sawmill was still at home, which left us 5 days with nothing to do but for both of us to kick back.  I can not remember ever doing this.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

8) Good for you. What is life if you can't relax and enjoy yourself?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

grouch

Careful -- this could become habit. :)

I have a brother who worked over 20 years on swing shift with lots of overtime and too many double shifts. Near retirement, he took advantage of the company offering training to become an industrial electrician. (I suppose that's different from a residential electrician). After that, he went on a regular 8 hours per day schedule. "So this is what normal people feel like? I understand now what you all have been trying to tell me all these years."

Last vacation my wife and I took was in 1973. But we were lucky enough to find this place in '78 and neither of us can think of any where else we'd rather be.

Looks like you're in a gorgeous spot to be kicking back. If it's also quiet enough to hear the bugs munching on those pines and the birds bragging about catching them, it's perfect. (Well, it would be for me. Hope it's exactly what *you* want and need).
Find something to do that interests you.

red

Please no more black and blue or purple pictures of Body Parts ! Definitely no pictures of Feet . Have a great day Mr Magicman .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Magicman

So now we are discussing staying two more days.....or three!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Or not, because I just looked at the weather forecast.  :-\  We will go home tomorrow, but until then we might as well eat....   food3

A dozen broiled oysters   food6

and a bowl on seafood gumbo.   :)

Claybraker

I'm pretty sure May doesn't have an "R" in it.  Oysters looked good, but if you're gonna be worthless may as well engage in some risk taking.

rjwoelk

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

luvmexfood

Dang MM. You sure know how to eat good. Well except for the grits and crawfish.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sandhills

Good for both of you!  Hope you have a wonderful time.

GRANITEstateMP

I love seeing food from other parts of the country!  Magicman, that gumbo looks good.  I've never had a broiled Oyster, never seen it on a menu up here, we fry all sorts of seafood.  Looks like I'll have to try something new!  Enjoy your downtime.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Magicman

I forgot to take a picture last night.   :-X

The down time ceased today so it was back to sawmilling.   8)

grouch

Quote from: Magicman on May 27, 2017, 05:20:53 PM
I forgot to take a picture last night.   :-X

The down time ceased today so it was back to sawmilling.   8)

I knew you couldn't do it! What happened to those "5 days"?  :D
Find something to do that interests you.

Magicman

whiteflag_smiley  Didn't last, now I gots ta git back on da job.   smiley_whip

Thank You Sponsors!