iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern project 2019 Date set May 4th

Started by Bruno of NH, February 04, 2019, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Quote from: Lawg Dawg on April 14, 2019, 06:18:52 PM
So...any Southerners going to the northern project?
We are and making a New England vacation out of it.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Gagnon Mountain

The wife and I will be there on the 4th.  Not sure about the 2nd and 3rd.

GAB

Jim:
Can you once again post the direction(s) to your place starting at the I-89 exits?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Bruno of NH

I-89 exit 13 Grantham nh 
Heading south right at the bottom of the ramp on to rt10 , go through the village, next left on to rt114, go past the Grantham dump 4th drive on the left. 
Heading north left at the bottom of the ramp, then same as above
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Sixacresand

We plan to start that way on May 1st.  We are attending the Georgia Baptist Senior Adult Retreat at Taccoa, GA the first part of the week.  Hope to tour The Baseball Hall of Fame on the way up, Friday morning. This will be the second trip to New York State in this pickup.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Bruno of NH

Safe travels see you when you get to NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

I have some folks coming in for the 4th 
Riehl Steel is bring on my new edger and giving a demo.
I also have Woody's equipment coming in from Canada with some equipment to show
It looks to be a good time

Crusarius

Looks like I will be able to make it again this year. Going to leave from work, should make it a little more than 6 hour drive. So, I should be there by 6:00.

Weekend_Sawyer

I am very sorry I can't make it but work takes me in another direction.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Bruno of NH

Hi Folks
Remember anyone can attend .
I'm hoping for a good turn out.

Bruno of NH

My address is 4276 main st Springfield nh 

Sixacresand

We will arrive Saturday morning, so I'll miss out on working on the curved building.  I look forward to seeing the finished product  everyone attending.   

Bruno of NH

Milling pine boards for the project and cleaning up the yard so I don't look like a Goggin 
Got a porta Jon coming in on Monday

terrifictimbersllc

Did anyone find lodging near Bruno's.  It seems the Lamplighter in New London is closed.  I am not sure we could make it but lodging is some factor.  
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

51cub

I'm at the Newport Motel about 20 minutes away but I don't know if they have anything left. Sunapee Lake Lodge is about the same distance but I couldn't get a price I would pay
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Bruno of NH

I called the Lamplighter 
They answered and said they are open

tule peak timber

Quote from: curved-wood on March 28, 2019, 09:44:15 AM
Day 1
Built the floor on floating blocks. Raise the wall using stick framing technique. Giving theory about stick framing using  the book : Canadian Wood-frame House Construction publish by the Canadian Gov and free on line.

Day 2
Build a curved roof ridge with pine board. Technique how to get smooth curves. Put up the roof structure including the bracings.

<br

Day 3
Put the board on the roof. Techniques how to trace and cut the edges curved. Put the asphalt shingles and how to put it because of the rain running in 2 directions.
Depending on the weather and the number of participants, we will try to put the bulging siding, a very simple technique. Here is an exemple of curved edges

Curved wood, your fabrications are terrific ! :o 8) :o 8) :o 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Oliver05262

51 Cub, did you get in the Newport Motel? We have reservations there (I hope) for Wed through Saturday. We're looking forward to meeting all of you Forum members.
  We had tried the Lamplighter where we stayed for the last gathering, but I could not find a working phone number, and someone had commented they were closed. They probably hadn't opened yet for the season. It was a good place to stay and there's places to eat not too far away.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Sixacresand

We will be staying Friday night in White River Junction, Vt. at the Super 8.  The map app says it is a 21 miles from Bruno's place. 

Crusarius

I am planning on camping. Am I the only one? Kids cost to much to afford the luxurious hotels :)

Bruno of NH

Bruno of NH

The Curved wood project is going to be put on hold for now.
Claudes community is going through heavy flooding and he is a helper in the help and recovery efforts. 
Anyone is welcome to come early if you want.
Saturday the 4th is still on with demos and lunch
Bruno

Crusarius

My plan is to work roughly 3.5 hours on friday then head out from there. If my estimates are correct I should be there by 5:00 pm. Google says almost 6 hours to get there. Saves me an hour if I leave from home.

Bruno of NH

If folks still want to come on Thursday and Friday I have an 8x12 timber frame shed project we can work on.
It will be fun
Just let me know we also could build the floor and frame the walls for the Curved-wood project to be finished at a latter date when Claude can make it.
Lots of possibilities. 

Thank You Sponsors!