iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Output of the hydraulic pump and engine HP to drive a full hydraulic Bandmill?

Started by R. Smith, September 04, 2009, 12:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R. Smith

Gentlemen,

Hi.  Obviously I new here.  I'm also new to the bandmill thing and hope I can gain some useful knowledge in the days to come.   I was at an auction a few weeks ago and in a weak moment bid on and got an older in not so great shape bandmill (has anyone ever heard of Woodman bandmills?).   It's all hydraulic and probably about the size of a Timberking 2400.   
It doesn't however have a hydraulic pump or a power source to run the carriage..  if that's what it's called.     

My question I hope someone will be able to answer and nice enough to do so:  What size pump (gpm) (engine speed a factor too I guess)  and what horse power engine would be needed for this mill?

Thank you.

R. Smith

WH_Conley

Welcome to the forum.

Never heard of the brand.

Don't know nothing about them.

All that said, somebody will be along that can help, just grab a stump and wait.
Bill

ladylake

The B20 TK uses a 6hp engine and just guesing around a 7 to 9 gpm pump.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Chico

How heavy is the carriage . I am a member of the go big club meaning go bigger than you need on hyds because if you do they'll run cooler and last longer
jmo
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

bandmiller2

Smitty,we need more information,is the cable drum for the feed cable mounted on the moving carriage or on the base of the mill?If the cable drum is on the carriage the pump will be driven from the main band engine.If the hydraulic motor and drum are mounted on the base they will need a seperate engine or motor.Get the numbers off the hyd. motor that drives the cable drum and match gallons per min. to pump and power to drive it.If it is seperate from the main engine what Steve said is right,takes little power to move the carriage or move the band head up and down.If your going to set up stationary look into electric motor to run the pump.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

R. Smith

A thank you to every who has responded so-far.   The guy who is hopefully going to deliver the mill from one hundred plus miles away is dragging his feet.   I'd better wait until I see the mill again before I go any further with too many questions...  One I'd better ask now however just to be clear.

Is the carriage the stationary part or the unit that includes the saw blade and motor that drives the blade and moves back and forth?

Thank you.

R. Smith

Chico

My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Thank You Sponsors!