iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mud season

Started by Mlamountain, June 23, 2011, 01:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlamountain

I'm from mass and I'm used to mud season ending in April......at the latest the beginning of may.   Here we are almost into July and it's still rainy and muddy to the point my woodlot and landing are constantly soaked.   Before I know it October mud will be here.    What happened to summer?

Autocar

Here in Ohio theres fellows working but still alot of woods is still to wet. I would be pretty wired but with the engine out of my skidder right now I know I couldn't work if I wanted to so I stay pretty mello  ;D For sure it is a different summer I am waiting for the wheat to come off for some of my jobs. I don't know if it's me or what but the wheat sure is turning in a hurry. It wouldn't surprise me if there in it around the fourth of July this year.
Bill

Ron Scott

All this rain is sure holding things up. The mud just isn't drying out. ::) 
~Ron

WDH

Quote from: Mlamountain on June 23, 2011, 01:49:00 PM
What happened to summer?

It all came down to Georgia, like the devil  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ernie

Blame Al Gore and his global warming/climate change :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

logman81

Mlamountain not to get off the subject but I think I saw on craiglist that your selling your skidder that you recently purchased am I right?
Precision Firewood & Logging

Mlamountain

I've put some feelers out there.   I can only operate one at a time.   I'm also selling my other 664.  My 08 f350.  75 acres.   A couple houses.  A few puppies.  Pigs.  Unfortunately I haven't found many buyers.   But as long as the advertising is free im gonna keep advertising. 

logman81

Yup I have sold a lot of things on there as well. Your selling lots of stuff yourself keep trying I'm sure you'll find a buyer for it all.
Precision Firewood & Logging

cutterboy

Hey Mlamountain, I know how you feel. I'm about 40 miles north of you (I think). My woods are so wet that I can't get to most of it without making deep ruts. It has been a real problem this year starting the 2nd week of January with deep snow, then a very wet spring, and the wet and mud has stayed with us still. In fact, it's raining right now! >:(  I just log part time as a hobby, but I feel bad for you guys who make your living from it.

Good Luck!       Ralph
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

ga jones

im a part timer myself. The full time guys i log for are loosing 1 to 2 days a week here
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

bill m

I don't think I have lost more than 10 days due to bad weather since Jan. 1st.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

clww

Summer stopped here in VA before heading to GA this year. 13 days so far in June have been at least 90 degrees.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!