iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pheasant hunting

Started by ely, December 05, 2008, 03:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

ely

obviously i need some help...............yet again. i have the pic in my album. but i did not make it come here yet. :D
if one of you gurus would be so kind to bring it here, i will sharpen you a blade some time, or tail some boards maybe.

beenthere

When making a post see the "Upload or insert Photo" line under the blue posting box. It will take you to your gallery. Then...
Just click on your pic in your album, and scroll down the page to the "place pic in post....blah blah" line, and say yes.

Automatically will show up in your post. Click on "Preview" to know that it is what you want before "Save" to submit.

Hope this helps.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Way to go!!! 8) 8) 8)

Are those Oklahoma birds?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

Wow, that's quite a harvest. We can only hunt them on reserves here I believe. But, I don't think they are regulated either since they are not native. So, I don't know much about the do and don'ts. There are a lot of birds in the neighborhood where the folks live. I don't see them very often where I live.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

thanks for the help, i guess i did not scroll far enough down. for some reason i kept stopping at the url button.

and yes those are oklahoma birds, we stayed in elkhart kansas, but hunted in oklahoma. 11 hunters and we got our limit 2 days in a row. it took us all day to get em though, some years we are finnished by noon or so.
it was great to see the whole gang again, i missed out last year.
those birds are great fun, i wish they were closer to me.

beenthere

Had a young boy tell me a couple days ago when his family stopped out to get a Christmas tree, that he scared the pheasants away when they drove up.. Puzzled me, and I asked if they were turkeys, .....No, pheasants.  I asked if the were reddish or black, and he said reddish. I don't often see any pheasants around here, but hear them sometimes.

Not sure, but these showed up today at the shop window. Four with good beards...
Just might be the boy's pheasants.

Tomorrow is the deadline for getting turkey tag applications in for selection. Good reminder.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Christmas dinner anyway. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WH_Conley

They get that close and I will already be tagged out ;D
Bill

SwampDonkey

I've already accepted that they are his farm turkeys. They are always tapping at a window. :D

isawlogs

If one of them turkeys comes tapping at my window I will be right quick at protecting my window, at the same time, assuring my survival for another day or so .  pull_smiley sling_shot splitwood_smiley digin1 food2 food6 smiley_sleeping
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

rbhunter

I miss bird hunting in Kansas. My son is old enough now to hunt I wish I could take him back to bird hunt. I am out of state now and do not have a good dog. Cold weather and snow and the birds would hold.

Thanks for the pics brings back memories.

"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Thank You Sponsors!