iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pheasant Hunting Trip in Kansas

Started by sawmillhand, October 28, 2013, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmillhand

Well me and  few buddies i work with on the oil rig decided we needed to go on a hunt either of us had ever been on so we got online and done alot of research and found a awesome place. I have to say that i would recommend this place to anyone the service was awesome the lodge was very beautiful and the food was great. We had a blast here.

1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looking at your first pic.....I see the table bowing a little. Must be some healthy "Burds".  :)

Nice hunt and GREAT pictures!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Yup,  Looks like a nice Birthday Present to yourself.  :D  Congrats on a very successful trip. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

I'd say your dogs earned their supper that day.  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawmillhand

Yes they did. They was very well trained. I will be going back next year for sure

fishpharmer

Did y'all miss any? ;D.  That's a whack of pheasants, I declare!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sawmillhand

I know one thing I sure thought it would be easy hunting them man was I wrong my legs was so sore and we missed a bunch lol we never had hunted them before lol

rbhunter

Looks like fun. I noticed no quail in the picture. I thought pheasant season opened the second weekend of November. Do preserves have longer seasons?
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Ron Scott

~Ron

terry f

Are these wild or pen raised.

WildDog

Good mates, good hunt, good food, can't ask for much more :) I've never hunted pheasant, thanks for sharing.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

ron barnes

Looks like a great hunt.  Hunting with friends and good dogs is outstanding.

Thank You Sponsors!