iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 SW UP/ DOWN OUT OF SYNCHY WITH SCALE RULER SCALE

Started by Daniel, February 29, 2012, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Dear Folks,
My LT40 electric has lost programable up/ dwn control functionality using the PLC based Set Works (SW) pad. The machine only worked for about five months when this happened. The Up/Down moter is very powerful and hence makes it very difficult to set head hieght positions without SW function. What happens is that, when a desired HT value is entered, the head moves to some undesired scale without any relationship to the entered value.When I tried to relate the Ruler (Hieght) Scale values to the HT values displayed on the SW, as I varied the HT of the head,  the following were results:

LT40 RULER SCALE vs SW  HIEGHT  DISPLAY

Ruler Scale ................ SW Display
a) 30 mm  ...................    262 mm
b)    50mm .................... .. 367mm
c)    80mm ......................  513mm
d)    120mm .....................  707mm
e)    150mm ........................856mm
f)     200mm  ..................... 1113mm
g)    220mm .....................  1211mm
h)    250mm ...................... 1361mm
i)     270mm .......................  1458mm
j)     300mm .......................  1611mm
k)   350mm ........................ 1865mm
l)    380mm .........................2012mm
m)   405mm ........................ 2138mm
n)   450mm .......................  2359mm
0)   500mm ........................ 2607mm 

I must confess that i have failed to make use of this info to manupulate the SW and I really need your assistance. knowing that the machine that costed me over US$40k can break down in less than a year really gives me fear.
Anyone with ideas please, i will be grateful.
Regards,
Daniel. ;)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I would urge you to call Wood-Mizer support...

Give them a chance to help you.

Herb

Magic Smoke

Daniel

Thanks very much will go an try that calibration at 12''. Just a clarification, is the 12 '' supposed to be on the Ruler scale and same entered on the SW pad?
I have on several occurssions sought help from WM, talked, booked for time to work together on the phone and no they dont come through. I first got wonderful help from the Forest forum on constant band saws btreaking and my faith in you guys is just undoubtable!
Thanks indeed.
Regards,
Daniel.

Daniel

I bought the WM LT40 from GMS of South Africa. I have called all the main guys over this problem. Contact WM US who refered me back to GMS.
R
Daniel.

Daniel

Sorry, GMS for Gearing Moss Systems, a WM distributor in our Southern African Region.

MartyParsons

Hello
Daniel Accuset is calibrated at measuring the blade 12 " or 305mm from the bottom set tooth on the drive side to the bed rail.
WM mills built for Europe are manufactured in Poland and are not quite the same. I am not sure where you Wood-Mizer was built. 

Manual states
While in Manual Mode, push the Up button to enter the Configuration Menu.
Choose Calibrate Head and press the button labeled "Press at 12 inches" (or "Press
at 305mm"). The display will change to "Head Calibrated". Push the Save Settings
button to store the new 12-inches setting and exit the Configuration Menu

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Bibbyman

You should not use the scale on the mask head to calibrate the Accuset.  That scale can basically be removed.  I just ignore the one on our mill.  You should run the head over one of the center bed supports and measure from the bottom of the blade to the bed.  Adjust the height of the head until you read 12".  Then perform the "Set to 12" function. 

Have you changed the transducer?  The transducer has a number on it about 8 numbers long.   The number on the transducer and in the programming setup on the Accuset should agree. If they don't agree, then that could be the problem.  I think it deals with the "gain".
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Daniel

Thanks so much for the hints I will go try them and surely give feed back.
Trully, my WM was made in Poland.
Regards,
Daniel.

sparks

If you want the scale and the display to match here is what you do. Make sure the Accuset is calibrated correctly. Set a downward tooth 12" above the bed rail. If you screen does not read 12" press the up arrow, calibrate head then press the "set at 12" button.
Now look at your scale. If it is not at 12" there are to bolts on the sliding scale you loosen and slide the scale up or down to the 12" mark and tighten down the bolts
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Magic Smoke

Daniel,
Accuset does not use a PLC so forget all the 12" stuff, you don't have Accuset.
Europe makes a PLC based setworks. Work through your distributor or get in touch with WM Europe.

Thank You Sponsors!