iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo cs-530

Started by ed in idaho, November 16, 2009, 07:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed in idaho

well i finally made up my mind ordered an echo cs-530 should be in this thursday 8)

Ed

sharkey

Hi Ed,
I think you will like it.  The first thing you need to do is pull the limiter caps and give the engine some fuel.  Echo is committed to pleasing the EPA, and this means that the saws are set up very lean.  If you need more power, just open up the muffler.  I have 3 of the 520's in rotation.  They are the first ones to go out and the last to come back in.  If yours comes in with safety chain, get yourself a couple loops of Baileys 20RC .325 x .50 in whichever length you need, and this makes a big difference too.   

Good luck with er,
Bob

ladylake

Exactly like Bob said, either you or you dealer needs to pull the caps and adjust richer (a lot of new saws need the same). My CS510's and CS520 always come out to the woods with me, I just take the rest to keep them limbered up. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ed in idaho

thanks for the imput i was wondering what chain to get if it comes with safty chain think the dealer will take care of the limiter caps , we will see!

Ed

DanG

I'm thinkin' a CS-530 or something in that range is in my near future.  I need something to fit between the CS-300 and the CS-670.  It will definitely be an Echo. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ed in idaho

i've got some locast to cut should be a good test for the 530 when it gets here. also have a little thinning to do

Ed

MN Ripper

Perfect job to start breaking it in and getting used to the saw.  Give some feedback on it after you've cut a few cords.
Echo CS-670, CS-330T, Stihl 028 WB

ladylake

Ed    Don't make any long hard cuts for a tank or two, limbing is good for break in . It will take 7 to 10 tanks to make full power, the 1st couple it will be a little doggy as with any new saw.  Dan   At our age(Ok you got a few years on me)  you would love the lighter weight of the CS530 and they still make good power.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!