iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MY NEW EDGER!

Started by Stump Jumper, June 10, 2004, 08:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

Here are a couple of pictures of my new edger.  We went down Tuesday to Indiana to pick it up.

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Tom

Oh Yes-s !

Your the envy. :D

I wish I could figure out how to carry one.  If I took with me what I wanted, I would have a small tractor on my truck and a loader on the truck and the sawmill behind and an edger behind that and an empty trailer for lumber behind that and a chipper behind that, and a portable 4 sided planer behind that and .........     Oh My !

Stump Jumper

yes i know tom  :D  its raining today so i put it in the barn and my son and i oiled the shafts  8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Tom

Now you gotta go get a cup of coffee and get back out to the barn, draw up four or five chairs and call all your neighbors to come have a seat and look at it with you. :D

I would if I were there. :) :)

Kevin_H.

Now that looks Sweet. Which engine did ya get on it?

I would love to have one of those with a gang saw configuration on it.

Ya gotta post a couple of pics of it in action
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Norm

Boy that is a nice looking outfit. I've been lusting after one of those with the 3phase electric motor on it.

Edging on the mill is a pain in the (censored) ;D

Stump Jumper

I got the diesel engine.    I ran some 6/4 red oak air dried for about 5 years through it and I didn't even hear the governor change speeds.  As far as posting action pics this thing is fast it is set up for 80 fpm We will try to get the pics as soon as the weather clears up.  There is one annoying thing on it right now and WM says that they are working on it. It is that the drive belt slaps the guards at an idle and makes a lot of noise.
Jeff
May God Bless.

AtLast

TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY NIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feel free to " store it" at my place  ;D

REALLY nice!!!!!

Percy

Heya Stumpy
You are gonna love it.  I had the slap thing happenin when I first got mine, I adjusted the belt(tricky but easy-dont forget to loosen the belt housing bolts like I did ;D)and it  went away, the slapping that is.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Jeff

That there might just be my excuse to drive down fer a visit. I'd like to see it up close.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stump Jumper

Sure Jeff after we did all of this edging today now you want to come and see it.  Well maybe Tuesday there maybe some more edging to do if you want to come and see it make sure you bring Tammi with you. ;D ;D :D

Jeff and Tammi you are welcome anytime to come and visit.

We estimated over a 1000 bd ft through the edger in about 3 hours of machine time.  We had to take a few drinks of water.
It was a sticky day.  Being it was white pine and humid.

Kevin H.
Here are the action pics that you requested.

Jeff
May God Bless.

SwampDonkey

Hot DanG, you better put it under lock and key for a few days. ;D
Nice piece of machinery in-deed. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stump Jumper

Mrs. Stump Jumper has a shotgun, a rifle and a 4wd. ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.

Jeff

Sounds like a Hank Jr. song. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

Hey Stump Jumper Thanks for the pics.

1000 bf in just 3 hours, thats like a months worth of edging for me...Way cool
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Bigdogpc

Drooling on the keyboard is a bad thing...sure is a nice setup!!

Stump Jumper

update                                                                                      we stacked n stickered n tallyed the lumber today that went through the edger saterday 1339 bdft  8)
Jeff
May God Bless.

Neil_B

Dang stump_,
I could a sold you mine!
I have the same model as you. Bought it last October and have put only 6 hours on it.  ::)

Thinking I may sell it and buy me one of those 4 head molder/planers.
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Thank You Sponsors!