iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree ID book

Started by tyb525, May 31, 2008, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I just got a tree ID book - It's called "101 Trees of Indiana - A Field Guide" by Marion T. Jackson. Now I know it says its for Indiana, but I know it would work just fine for everywhere in the eastern half of the US. It has great descriptions for nearly 50 species, including shrubs and bushes. I would recommend it as a good tree ID book.

And no I wasn't paid to write this, it's just a good book.  :)

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Riles

With only 50 species described of the 101, I hope you only paid half price!  :D
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Dodgy Loner

But Georgia has over 220 natives tree species ;)

I just ordered "Native Trees of the Southeast".  Same authors as "Trees of Georgia and Adjacent States" which is a great book.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

OneWithWood

Tyb, did you get the companion CD?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

tyb525

No I didn't. Didn't know there was one.

OneWithWood

Got my books confused.  The CD is by Sally Weeks and George Parker.  It is available through Purdue.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!