iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber King 1220

Started by RexBandit, March 31, 2013, 07:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RexBandit

Just lookin at the name is awesome. Lol. Well after some serious negotiation I finally convenient my wife that it would just be best if I got the saw mill that Ive been wanting since I started seriously think of purchasing a few years back. So with that said is there anything else that can be said about the TK1220?  Also I cant decide if I should get the trailer package or an extra rail ext. What would ya get??  Im not sure if I would need to saw very much over ten feet at this time but hay you never really know. But there's also several farmers that have done given me the ok to come saw some timber that they have recently dozed down but I could always just haul my logs home though. What do ya think I should do??
I'm new so I can use all the help I can get.

ladylake

I'd get the extra lenght first, if you could saw 30' or so you'ld be in demand. let other mills know you could saw longer and they'ld most likey bring you thier long logs.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

justallan1

I would get the track extention. Having the extra room you won't have to be so perfect as to where you set the log to be sawn. With my mill I could get a 10' cut, but that's after jockeying the log around and having minimal room at each end. I know that I would eventually hit the mill carriage with a log.
One nice thing about a trailer is that I'm bringing the not mess home with me.
Allan

Ga Mtn Man

Congrats on the successful negotiations. smiley_argue01  smiley_contract_point... smiley_thumbsup  Have you put your hands on a TK 1220?  Before spending that kind of money, I and many others on the FF would recommend that you go visit with an owner of a TK 1220 and owners of other mills in the same class.  Mill manufacturers can supply you with a list of mill owners closest to you.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

RexBandit

Something else i was thinkin about would be to buy one and since I'm fairly well skilled at fabricating things that I don't have and probably have enough material to make either the trailer or another ext. Which should i buy and which I make. Don't really figured settin it up for a trailer would be that hard. But if I made the deck I could make it for as long as I want.   Does anyone have any good close pics of the two????
I'm new so I can use all the help I can get.

Will_Johnson

Rex:

Congrats and welcome to the TimberKing family! I hope we always do a great job for you so that you never feel you have to contact me personally, but if ever you are not getting 100% from TimberKing please let me know!

Best,

Will

redbeard

I think the extra length will be very beneficial also don't forget a 60" log rite can't hook it will be your best friend.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Chuck White

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on March 31, 2013, 09:23:20 AM
Congrats on the successful negotiations. smiley_argue01  smiley_contract_point... smiley_thumbsup  Have you put your hands on a TK 1220?  Before spending that kind of money, I and many others on the FF would recommend that you go visit with an owner of a TK 1220 and owners of other mills in the same class.  Mill manufacturers can supply you with a list of mill owners closest to you.

I agree with Ga Mtn Man, because sometimes when you visit with someone who has a particular equipment item, you'll hear them say things such as "I wish I would have gotten XX-Model because it has this or that option" and mine don't!

Just sayin'!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

opticsguy

I am a very happy owner of a TK 1220.  I ordered the extra rail and highly recommend this investment.  The best reason for the extra rail is the ease of placing a log on the mill, no need to be accurate at all and anything to make the job easier is a good thing. The extra rail allows you to mill 18' logs and still make the placement of a log an easy job.  My tape measure says i can mill about 19' 7" if the log was perfectly placed. Possibly more if i could figure out how to cheat . . . .  :-)

So far the mill has performed flawlessly and very happy with the ease of use. 

TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Thank You Sponsors!