iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Pith is Off Center

Started by WDH, August 09, 2015, 08:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andries

Quote from: customsawyer on August 22, 2015, 07:10:20 AM
... Andries a crawler loader is like bull dozer with a bucket on the front. You could probably get one with forks but I have never seen one.
Danny if you get one, you will need Andries to come down and guide you with his hand signals for those times you need a little fineness. :D
February milling lacks a whole lot of finesse in this weather.
My hand signal finesse is severely downgraded while I'm wearing these:

Lobster Mitts ! (not for catching crabs!)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

Better you than me in that kind of weather.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

samandothers

-33 and outside do not go together! 

I do like the mitts.   My grandmother knit me a pair like that except she did not complete the trigger finger on on of them.  I could have my finger out for the trigger or in the main mitt for when walking..... I wonder what ever happened to those.

YellowHammer

It's so cold that the tape measure has frozen to the log.   :D

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

4x4American

Quote from: YellowHammer on February 10, 2016, 11:39:27 PM
It's so cold that the tape measure has frozen to the log.   :D

:D :D

Andries is that tape measure in millipeters or inchworms?
Boy, back in my day..

squidboy51

I don't know anything about my pith, but have a crawler loader with forks that probably does. It out lasts me every time I fire it up. Forks work an hour then sometimes pith off center and go limp.... I guess I over estimate their staying power.

squid
Woodland Mills HM 126, Dresser 125G with 4 way bucket, 1950 Ford 8N, Stihl 048 and MS170, antique Clyde Iron Works (1889-1947) cant hook.

4x4American

Nice Dresser, they make good units.  Had a TD-9H on the farm we used to pack bunk with.  Can't see the whole thing, but that track looks tight from my house!
Boy, back in my day..

squidboy51

4x4

The tracks are set to Dresser specification, 1" to 1 1/2" slack between track idler and front idler. I've had the tractor for a long time and it has been good to me. I keep up on the maintenance schedule and it has not let me down. It has some leaks, nothing serious, it is in better shape than I am. New sprockets, idlers and tracks have approximately 1,500hrs on them.
Good looking out for me, I appreciate your observation/comments, thanks.

squid
Woodland Mills HM 126, Dresser 125G with 4 way bucket, 1950 Ford 8N, Stihl 048 and MS170, antique Clyde Iron Works (1889-1947) cant hook.

OneWithWood

Everyone should have a crawler/loader  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dave Shepard

Yeah, then they will find a wohle lot of things in life really aren't as bad as they thought they were. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I have sawn several Pines this week that were "off center".  They are what they are.  When you encounter them just square the cant up and saw through from either the hump or horn side. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Seat time vs wrench time. ;D

But when it's running good, which really is most of the time, it gets a lot of work done.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

squidboy51

One With Wood, Weekend_Sawyer

Like your choices in support equipment, not sure how we got in My Pith is Off Center!!! At least you can see my pith in pic #2 of my earlier post and in my next picture.

I enjoy pictures, so here is another, who needs forks???

squid

Weekend_Sawyer

Ooh, I got bucket envy!

By the way Danny, thanks for this thread, I learned some things.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

squidboy51

Talk about crooked pith, this Bull Pine was the poster child for it (made good firewood).

If you own a crawler loader long enough, you won't be able to afford food or clothes, just look at the operator!!!

squid

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!