iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rant

Started by Peter Drouin, February 10, 2014, 06:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I went to the gas station  to get some diesel for the mill and the John Deere and it was 4.29 a gal   :o :o :o I can get the off road but that's 15 miles away. I'm just so  smiley_furious how much is the diesel in your town?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 10, 2014, 06:37:14 AM
I went to the gas station  to get some diesel for the mill and the John Deere and it was 4.29 a gal   :o :o :o I can get the off road but that's 15 miles away. I'm just so  smiley_furious how much is the diesel in your town?
ill take 4.29 you can have mine at 4.59  off road is 3.80 in pa     its 20 miles there these prices are bull     there is no need for it  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

snowstorm

$4.25 for diesel had off road delivered here last week it was $3.82 plus the sales tax. gas is about 3.50

Roger2561

I believe the diesel in my area is around $4.50/gal.  But, I live in proximity to a college town and everything is inflated here.  Roger
Roger

thecfarm

I paid almost $4 for off road last week.I have no idea how much diesel is.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

$4.19 I think I saw last week. We get bulk delivered to the farm. I think it was $3.38 last fall. I'm sure it's about $0.50 more now.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Red Good

Gassed up the truck in Tulsa for 2.92 recently and I think road deisel was 3.69 ?
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

drobertson

Road fuel hovers around 3.60, off road .10 less.  and yes it's frustrating,      david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ST Ranch

Hey folks - come to Canada [and you folks coming for a holiday- bring extra cash for gas]
Road Diesel - $5.36 [CAN] per US gal,  farm diesel $4.68  and road gas about $4.54.
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

WmFritz

$4.10 here... up 20 cents from a couple weeks ago. Gas is $3.50.

All my younger years diesel was always cheaper than gasoline. My Dad said it was because there was less refining in diesel. Is the flip-flop in fuel prices caused by the government sticking it to the trucking companies? Or does low-sulfur diesel cost that much more to process?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

I suspect it is a result of supply and demand, heating oil is likely in short supply due to the severe winter, but that does not make me feel any better. $1.50.9 per liter for diesel here.  :o 75 bucks got me a half tank in the pick up. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

21incher

It has been $4.19 around me for about 2 years. If you want to save $.10 a gallon I have to drive a 40 mile round trip. Breaks my heart to spend over $80.00 to fill up 4- 5 gallon cans.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Babylon519

In Ontario, diesel is selling at about $1.35/liter. With 3.79 liters in your gallon, that's about $5.12 a gallon without converting currency. Using that same formula, our regular gasoline would cost you about $4.74 a gallon. In Canada, our problem is neither supply (we have lots of it) nor demand (our small population doesn't use much), but we're paying world prices - plus tax!! Canadians pay about 33% in combined taxes, while Americans pay about 11%.  :-\
Jason
1960 IH B-275 - same vintage as me!
1960 Circle Sawmill 42"
Stihl MS440 & a half-dozen other saws...

thecfarm

It goes up quick and than down so slow. There for a while last summer I had a hard time getting $20 into a 5 gallon can,off road.Mighty easy now to get $20 in a can.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodboogah

I dont even bother with off road any more.  I separate my receipts and let the accountant take care of the taxes at the end of the year.  Paying 4.19 for over the road diesel.  I heard it went up so fast because of the demand for heating oil.  Who knows the fuel industry seems like a joke.  Gotta have it though.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Farmerjw

No diesels here, but gas went from $3.19 to $3.45 today!  $8.00 propane, gas, diesel, no no gouging going on. ::)
Premier Bovine Scatologist

coxy

Quote from: Farmerjw on February 10, 2014, 06:18:24 PM
No diesels here, but gas went from $3.19 to $3.45 today!  $8.00 propane, gas, diesel, no no gouging going on. ::)
good thing our skidders don't run on propane I would out of biss :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I got gas today for $2.98. Its been that way for a while. But S.C. has the lowest gas prices in the nation.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Holmes

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 10, 2014, 06:43:35 PM
I got gas today for $2.98. Its been that way for a while. But S.C. has the lowest bass prices in the nation.  ;D

Braggart  :D
Think like a farmer.

pigman

David, how many MPG do you get with bass.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

thecfarm

I went into town,diesel is $4.29. I forgot to look at off road. May be over $4 now.

Ron Wenrich

Diesel is $4.29.  Off road is 75 cents lower.  We've seen about a 40 cent increase.  I locked in my heating oil prices back in October when oil was low.  We did that down at the mill each year.  Most years it worked out pretty good.  We used about 500 gal/wk.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

pabst79

Road diesel is 3.85, however LP is over 5 bucks, cost me over a grand for half of a tank! I feel like I'm getting you know whated and nobodys buying me dinner first!  >:(
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pigman on February 10, 2014, 06:57:50 PM
David, how many MPG do you get with bass.

DanG Pigman  :D :D :D :D.........my fat fingers can't hit the right letters sometimes.  ;D Must have had fishing on my mind.
I changed it...thanks!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

$3.69 at the Grocery store (diesel). You can knock another 10-20 cents if you buy a lot of groceries there.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!