iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ax Men

Started by Woodboogah, February 18, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

I have not watched this show since the first season and it was a joke then.  I know there is a thread about the show already.  I just watched the newest show of this season on demand and holy smokes what a bad name this gives the logging community.  I could not believe the antics that took place.  How could someone watch this show and think this is how a legitimate company could operate.  I really got mad trying to watch the whole thing.  That's my rant.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

clww

This idiotic show has been brought up before on here more than once.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Peter Drouin

Yea, it's a mess. :D
Wood boogah hows the skidder running?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

LittleJohn

I love how they have to script "Reality" TV, REALLY

I know it was probably just a bad, and some of you East Coast guy may be biased, but I kinda liked the other logging show on Discovery - think it was called "American Logger" the 7 brothers in Maine I think.  STILL SCRIPTED, but not as bad; plus you got to see logger in flat country with skidders, not everything done with high lines.

loggah

Bunch of morons !!!! I can't believe the other west coast loggers would watch any of this crap without getting totally P.O.ed !!!!!!  every logger in the country should boycott watching, stupidity and dangerous !!!! >:( >:( >:(
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Woodboogah

Skidder has been running great, knock on wood.  What little time I have been running it.  My truck sure is getting a workout plowing that's for sure.  The last time it ran it was pulling my pick up out of the ditch plowing out the road to the landing.  Not looking forward to trudging around in 2' of snow.  Could be worse though.

clww

Quote from: Woodboogah on February 18, 2014, 01:44:09 PM
  Could be worse though.

Yeah. You could be on "Ax Men"! :D :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

goose63

The only reason I watch is Shelby and his dog the rest is B S
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

dgdrls

Have to agree,  its gotten to the point of weekly in your face confrontations, breaking/smashing equipment/vehicles and general mayhem.

warped reality soap opera at best

American logger while scripted was certainly more down to earth and "real"

DGDrls

LittleJohn

Wasn't there also a show about some company down in NC - Swamp Logger??

Again scripted and crazy, but a tad more believable than AxMen.  I love it when an "Accident" happens away from the action and maguically they had a camera right there to get the shot

thecfarm

I enjoyed the first season of Ax Man. They did a good job. Not much stupid fighting and showing the "greenhorn" 20 things in 5 minutes and than calling him names 10 minutes later because he did not remember all 20 things they showed him.  ::) I learned how logging was done on the east coast in the first season. They took to time to explain the name of the equipment being used,how it worked and what it did.The 2nd was kinda hard too watch,the 3rd season I gave up on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terry f

Ax Men is getting harder and harder to watch, but its not made for anyone in the industry. I don't know much about classic cars or digging for gold, but I'm sure someone in those industries could pick those shows apart.

luvmexfood

I like the girls on the boats in Florida that do the log recovery. :D 8)
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

LittleJohn

Quote from: luvmexfood on February 19, 2014, 05:01:38 AM
I like the girls on the boats in Florida that do the log recovery. :D 8)

Who doesn't??

Wellmud

I'm supprised that they don't have OSHA camped out on their jobsite to get a piece of the pie.
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

Ryan D

I really enjoyed the first season of Ax Men. Sure it was scripted but it still felt at least a bit genuine and they showed lots of the felling. American Loggers and Swamp Loggers were great, they embellished a bit but didn't seem to create the drama like Ax Men do now. My favorite though was Heli Loggers. Some of the jobs they took on and the wood they got into was crazy. Bunch of good Canadian boys too so I guess maybe I'm a bit biased!!!

luvmexfood

Speaking of heli-logers that is something you never hear of around here. Then one morning I was driving to work and crossing a river bridge, about 6:30 in the morning when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. Doing about 55mph I looked over and saw logs flying through the air. Then just happened to look up above them and saw the helicopter. Just about thought I was seeing things and needed to stop at the nut hut.

Other time that brings back memories was driving down the interstate to work. Barely daylight and I see this car in front of me with no one driving. Then I see it is a mail carrier's car with right hand drive.

Sorry for hijacking thread.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Farmerjw

The young man that was heli logging died in a helicopter accident.   
Premier Bovine Scatologist

lynde37avery

Axe Men show is aweful. makes us real loggers look like morans and simpletons.
i'd rather be forced to watch Ru Pauls drag race any night of the week than see some fake staged show being filmed by "college boys with cameras trying to be artistic in film"
we are nothing like the producers of the show tell these guys to do/act. it is impossible to have that many accidents all caught on film. if that was possible than all the bigfoot film on tv is real too. just saying my opinion.
i dislike logger tv, it is not a tv show for entertainment. it is a life style in which a man can make a living with and support his family on. only few are tough enough to survive it. and "greenhorn" is also silly word for the "new guy or man in training".
Detroit WHAT?

Woodboogah

I agree.  It's tough to bite your tongue when people are chatting you up and reference you to the show, whether it be getting a coffee, fuel, anything.  Got to give them a good education.   If someone mentions the show in and tries to tie it to me the first thing I mention is OSHA.  For whatever reason everyone knows OSHA.  That opens people's eyes a little.   

thecfarm

OSHA,that's a small down in WI,right?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!